Happy Day Inn Hotel
US$ 76
Hotels.com
US$ 81
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2011

As previous reviewers stated, it is an older building a bit out of the way, about 20 min walk to Edmonds St skytrain or 5 min with the bus stopping outside. But it is a nice neighbourhood, the italian/greek restaurant across the road is excellent budget dining. The room was large, comfy and clean. A bonus is the laundry/mini gym in the basement. Breakfast included in the very moderate price (decent coffee, muffins, bagels, juice and fruit) also appreciated, as is free wifi. Most importantly, great staff going out of their way to help out with everything from public transport directions and downloading drivers to our wireless modem. Will definitely come back! Only minor concern was the antique aircon that was everything but quiet.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BabSweden
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank-you for the kind words, we were happy to have you. Could you let us know (you might have already) which room number you were in? We have been replacing our old units with brand new digital units and perhaps the room you stayed is in need.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Not a lot of amenities but that wasn't what we were looking for. If you fell fine using public transport this hotel is perfect for travelers to Vancouver on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank jjwerner63
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2011

Thank-you for the kind feedback; we were happy to have you! Did you know your review can earn a 15% discount on your next stay? Simply print your review and mention at the time of reservation.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

the queen size bed is a double bed 53w x 75l . Ants crawling around bed and bath. cigarette smoke coming from next room . room condition very poor . slept sideways on bed with feet on the chairs . hallway very noisy . air conditioner falling apart .

Room Tip: don't get room 317
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the room. I can confirm the bed is in fact a queen measuring 30" x 80".

Further, the smoke was an issue as you shared a deck with the adjacent room (316) and had your window open, thus smoke drifted in. When you raised the issue with the front desk we immediately told the guest in the adjacent room not to smoke on the patio and to come out front.

Each complaint that you made to the desk was handled immediately with the utmost respect. When you were still dissatisfied with the room we offered to switch rooms immediately. However, you asked if you could check-out as space at a family member's house had become available. Contrary to hotel policy we allowed the check-out and refund of balance.

We try to make each customer's stay at the Happy Day Inn comfortable and memorable. Unfortunately, we cannot please everyone and we value the feedback good or bad so that we can continue to provide quality service. I have taken note of your complaints and appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 29 April 2011

Really enjoyed my stay here. It's not a "fancy" room, but it's clean, the beds are comfortable and the room we were in was very quiet. There was a bit of noise from another room being heard in the hallway, but inside the room, we heard nothing. Breakfast was doughnuts and coffee, more than good enough for us. My biggest concern with booking a hotel I have no idea about is cleanliness, and they were top notch. It's an older building, but the double room we had was well-cared for. Very much a place I would stay again. I didn't like that there was no restaurant or bar inside the hotel, but you are literally across the street from restaurants, and there is a bar/liquor store just a couple blocks away, so when I say that this was a downside, it really wasn't. I also did notice that the cleaning staff did not pay attention to the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on our doorknob, and cleaned the room when we were gone regardless, so just keep that in mind if you are the kind of person who really wants their privacy!

Room Tip: Double Queen room was fantastic value.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank-you for the compliments regarding your stay at the Happy Day Inn. I will take note of the issue with the housekeeping and advise them of your concerns. However, it is our policy to enter the room at least once every two days, but we would be more than happy to do so at your discretion if privacy is a concern. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

I found my stay here to be very good. The room was clean, bed comfortable, equipped with coffee maker, and I had no problems hooking up to wifi witg a generally consistent and fast connection. Powerful heating system was welcome given the cold and rain. The motel is older, but for me this didn't detract since, in my experience, it is well maintained. All the staff I dealt with were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was okay - Tim Hortons muffins, bagels, donuts, coffee, apples. At least it gave me an energy boost.

One thing that I don't recall reading about the motel is the location. I had to work near Metrotown. Bus 106 takes you to Edmond Street Skytrain Station in about 10 minutes, and you can continue on directly to Metrotown on either Skytrain or bus 106. The bus is frequent, and stops in both directions not far from the motel. A carnet of 10 tickets costs only 9.50 for one transit zone, so it was very good value. The closer you go to Edmond Street station, the more amenities you find - 7-11, coffee shops, restaurants, and then Metrotown and Crystal Mall which is about 30 minutes ride on the bus (or quicker if you switch to Skytrain).

I travelled on a very limited budget. Being cheaper by nearly £100 than other budget places, this was a real find.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business