“Much better than my last stay”

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is a really clean and modern hotel with excellent staff. I had a prior stay which had some hiccups due to noise issues, but this time I brought earplugs just in case. I didn't need to use them. The only hiccup this time was my internet didn't work when I arrived. They sent up a maintenance staff within 10 minutes who replaced a broken ethernet cable.

All that said, I don't know why it's ~$200 on average to stay at this hotel. It's a good 20-30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and you can find places downtown for the same price that are just as nice, many which are ranked even higher on Tripadvisor. I had to write a licensing exam at a test centre nearby, but if I was a visitor to Vancouver I would probably book one of the many hotels that are downtown at the same price, some even cheaper (e.g. Sheraton Wall Centre is currently $169/night, right smack downtown).

In summary, if you have business in the Burnaby/Metrotown area then this is a good hotel. If you are coming to sightsee in Vancouver then I see no reason to pay the same price to stay at this hotel out in the suburbs.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear LeviTrop,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown! We appreciate you staying with us again and are glad to hear that you had a more enjoyable experience this time. I apologize that there were issues with the ethernet cable in your guestroom but I’m glad our maintenance team was able to fix it quickly. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you’re in town.

Evelyn Gut

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Vancouver Metrotown

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was pleasantly suprised at how much we enjoyed staying here. After a long trip and some nights in boutique hotels we just needed something clean, affordable, and convenient as a stop over on the last leg of our trip and it ended up being the most enjoyable hotel of our whole trip. There wasn`t anything overly special that made it amazing but the room was very clean, spacious, great windows with morning light and a nice view of the North Shore Mountains, and the beds were very comfy. My expectations usually aren`t very high when it comes to large middle of the pack chain hotels but I would stay there again if I found myself in the area (though downtown is just soo much more fun!).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear KandJ123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that we were able to surpass your expectations! We hope you will stay with us again the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I reserved an Executive Suite on the 16th floor, and when I arrived, the check in was fairly quick although it seems some young women had access card issues because my access card was able to work the elevator. In my suite, it was clean, but a bit smaller than I expected, and I could unfortunately hear everything that the guests in the suite next to me were talking about.

In Vancouver, in the Hampton Inn, I found the suites a lot more quiet. In the Executive Suite, you have complimentary wired Internet (Ethernet) access, though there is wireless access in other areas of the property. I absolutely need Internet access, that is important to me in choosing a hotel to stay in, and I did have Internet access on that day, but the following day, it seems that the DNS servers were not resolving, so although one could connect, one could not browse the Internet.

The lounge was somewhat nice, and I received great service from a gentleman named Byron, and the food I ordered (free range chicken breast, clam chowder, Spanish coffees) were outstanding food quality. My only regret was I decided not to have dessert, but that was because I was comfortable.

The great thing about this Hilton is you can order room service, and they have a fantastic breakfast that you can get sent up to your room. I have to admit, I doubled up on it, but it tasted great, and it is always better to have too much than not enough. The other thing I like about this Hilton is that it is pet friendly, and I will be traveling with my pets from time to time. I have a senior, spayed cat who is 17 years old, acts like she is 3 years old, but she even as a cat, has separation anxiety when I leave. Her "sister", a very young fawn Great Dane puppy and those who own Danes understand what it means to be owned by a Great Dane.

I like the clean suites, the washroom was great, and the door shuts automatically. The tub is a good shape and size and one can shower without being too confined. The only thing I am not really big on was the coffee makers. I am a bit of a power-drinker when it comes to coffee and I enjoy top-quality coffee, so the 2-cup maker in the room with some rather bland, generic coffee bags just... failed.

The Internet access, great if it works; pet friendly is just what I need. I love that you can order breakfast into your room, that is wonderful. A place like this would do well in downtown Vancouver as well

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Thor_Odinsson

Dear Thor_Odinsson,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown during your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Byron know that he helped contribute to your enjoyment. I apologize for the inconvenience of the internet not working correctly one of the days during your stay, this is not typical at the hotel and we’re working with the service provider to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you and your pets the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I truly loved my stay at this friendly & clean Hilton hotel because of its central location in Burnaby, (but still 15 min from downtown Vancouver by sky train), surrounded by a big mall and many restaurants. The first impression of the lobby was excellent and rooms, including mattress and bathroom, were what you expect of a premium business hotel. I enjoyed the morning sunrise from the heated outdoor pool. Breakfast has plenty of healthy food choices. Staff was really friendly and helpful when asked for directions to local restaurants, etc.
Only negative was the lack of apparent Wifi in this hotel. In today’s connected world, that's hard to understand. Would come back to this hotel in case I need to be in Burnaby, BC again for business.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy a view of the mountains, take a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Belvera,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for the gracious review. I’m delighted to hear that the hotel amenities and location were to your liking and that you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality. I am also glad you were able to enjoy a meal at our restaurant, Reflect Social Dining + Lounge. We hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Burnaby while attending a wedding. We got a suite which was roomy and comfortable. The Wedding was at the fight fighters hall which was very close. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, rooms were nice and clean, nice warm outdoor pool. All in all we were pleased with our stay.

Stayed: March 2012

Dear jono5565,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that our staff took such good care of you and that you were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Evelyn Gut

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#3 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK