“Refreshing week in Vancouver!”

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I travel quite a bit in Canada on business. Between company budgets and personal preference, I usually do quite a bit of research before choosing a location to stay in. Thank you to all the other Trip Advisor members for your help! With this Hilton, it was an absolute joy to be in such a clean, well-maintained hotel after my previous week in the competitor across the street. Rooms were bright, fresh, and clean! Everyone from the front desk to the valet gentlemen to the In-Room dining crew were pleasant, helpful, and customer-minded. When I did have an issue with some noise problems, they were all empathetic of my experience and were willing to do anything for me. When choosing to utilize the In-Room dining feature, request Jose to be you server. He pays attention to the details when delivering your meal and is very genuine! Great stay! Whenever I am in Vancouver again, I will definitely stay at the Hilton in Metrotown! The theater across the street is a great place to see a show as well!! :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Matt M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the gracious review. I am thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were treated with superior customer service by all of our team members. I will share your kind comments with Jose and let him know that you appreciated his attention to detail. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Evelyn Gut

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had to stay here twice in January 2012. Rooms were nice and clean and quiet. They have hard wired internet and a desk to set your laptop on. The bathrooms are larger than some I've been in. The staff are very friendly. Parking is covered and whenever I've taken my F-250 extended cab long box 4X4 down there, they've given me a parking spot that is easy to get in and out of. Lots of eating places within easy walking distance. Close to Skytrain as well.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear AlanFCastlegar,

Thank you so much for your kind comments we are pleased that you found everything to your liking and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2012

It's my fault. I went on the Hilton website and typed in "Vancouver" as the city. The name of the hotel is listed as "Hilton Vancouver Metrotown". It does say, "Burnaby" after the name of the hotel, but I assumed that this was a neighborhood.

This hotel is 20-30 minutes away from downtown Vancouver. For some reason, Hilton doesn't have a property in Vancouver...

Anyway, I wanted to give two stars, but the truth of the matter is that this was a nice little hotel. Nothing exceptional. The rooms were average without a mini bar in the room. The maid service was actually pretty good. Most hotels clean around your things and this one actually put things away.

The restaurant on the property is good, albeit pricey.

I wouldn't stay here again because of the location, but it's a nice little hotel in a suburb of Vancouver.

1  Thank Ferinha
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Ferinha,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the review. I apologize that you were unhappy with the location of the property; however, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. Lots of low priced restaurants in the area. Walk to the SkyTrain station if you want to get downtown. No WiFi in the rooms.

Parking is cheap, but should be free.

20 minutes to the Airport when there is no traffic.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear IveBeenEveryPlace,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I’m delighted that you had an enjoyable trip and that you found the location and service levels to your liking. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

The hotel is fine (clean and comfortable). Parking is inexpensive. Location isn't that convenient to Vancouver, but the lower price makes up for that. The only thing I can really think about is that they don't "offer" late check out. And by late, I mean 1pm; even as a Diamond VIP. I did get upgraded to a suite, though... room 921. But ugh about the check out thing. It's left a very sour taste and I'm sure this is all that I'm going to remember when I think about this property.

This year I'm both Diamond with Hilton and Platinum with Starwood... Starwood offers guaranteed 4pm late check out no matter what... I think Starwood is winning the "which hotel programme is better" contest.

Sorry, Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, I'm going to opt to Stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre next time I'm in the Vancouver area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear rickolis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate a late checkout. We hope you enjoyed your suite and that you found our hotel team to be hospitable. As usual, if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Evelyn Gut

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Downtown
Fairmont Waterfront
Fairmont Waterfront
#12 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK