All reviews make your own underground parking murphy bed in the living room cook your own green onions micro wave usual hotel fresh eggs shampoo and conditioner breakfast was included lots of parking nice stay great view of the water ocean view would stay again first floor hot breakfast
Reviewed 15 July 2018

It was a good location, across the road from the sea, with lots of parking, if a bit far from the centre of Campbell River. Very welcoming and helpful staff. Bed very comfortable and great breakfast (cook your own eggs)

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for posting a review! All the staff try to create a positive guest experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

our room was hot, poor parking, when we came back in the evening the gate for underground parking was closed. I checked there was still room for us to park there. I asked about this in the morning and was told that they always close the gate at 9:00 PM but they forgot to mention this when we checked in. The breakfast pretty good but we had to cook our eggs ourselves. No pool I think this hotel is overpriced. We stayed at the Anchor Inn and Suites across the hwy 2 days earlier on our way to Port Hardy. We had a room overlooking the ocean with a hot buffet breakfast, a swimming pool, good parking we paid the same price for this room. We would have stayed there but they were fully booked.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. We don't have air conditioning but provide a stand up fan. Parking can be tight, but cars are allowed to park on the other side of the street, if nothing is available in the parking lot. I'm see you weren't happy that you had to cook your own eggs. But we only have a breakfast room, not a restaurant.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Check in/out was quick, friendly helpful staff, across the street from the water! Bed was very comfortable and clean......was a wonderful stay and would definitely stay there again! The hotel also offers breakfast included in the price.....fresh eggs and fixings are available to make your own omelette. But there are also pastries, bagels, muffins, fruit, cereal and bread. Quite a spread!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thank you so much for writing a review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to create a clean, comfortable experience for our guests.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The best thing about this hotel is they provide organic soap, shampoo and conditioner with a natural fragrance that didn't bother me. Since I am allergic to fragrances, especially chemically composed fragrances, I wouldn't be able to stay in a room with artificial scents, even very mild ones. So this is a big thumbs up for me.
My husband found difficult to fall asleep as the way they hand the curtains let too much light in, since our patio was facing Best Western and their lights were on the whole night through. But that didn't bother me.
The staff were helpful. They didn't chit chat when I needed quiet time during our vacation, but provided care and help when needed.
The breakfast was one of the best of free breakfasts provided by hotels or hostels. Lots of choices and my loved one is make your own omelette, although I was little disappointed when there were no onion nor tomato. When we stayed, it was still little chilly in the morning for us to go out to the little patio to eat breakfast. It would be lovely when staying in summer time.
Also, they take it very serious about smoking in the hotel rooms. That's a super act as cigarette smell can linger in the room, carpet, curtain, pillows for a longgggggggg time. However, the smoking spot outside the hotel is still quite near the main entrance and somehow smoke can be blown towards that way and made us difficult to pass to enter the hotel.
Other than that, all is good, especially we got a senior discount on our room rate and was way cheaper than Best Western.

Date of stay: May 2018

Thank you so much for writing a review! The staff and I appreciate guest feedback. We try to create a comfortable, friendly experience for our guests.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

My wife & I just spent the last 2 nights here. The room was fairly small...the bathroom very small, but very clean. The king bed was very comfy. There was a small deck with ocean view that was very nice. The continental breakfast was great. You cook your own eggs ( cubed ham, red peppers, green onions and cheese were there), so scrambled it was. Delicious. Plus a variety of breads and bagels and English muffins. Also a few choices of cereal. Coffee, tea, apple and orange juice also.
The staff were very friendly and helpful advising places and things for us to do. Overall, it turned out to be a very comfy stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you so much for posting a review! I am so happy you enjoyed our little hotel! We strive to create a warm, inviting atmosphere for all our guests. I hope you will come back and see us again.

Kindest regards,