Anchor Inn & Suites
US$ 142
US$ 131
Ocean Resort(Campbell River)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
US$ 102
Heron's Landing Hotel(Campbell River)(Great Value!)
US$ 117
US$ 104
US$ 89
Agoda.com
Oyster Bay Resorts(Campbell River)
US$ 157
Big Rock Motel(Campbell River)(Great Value!)
US$ 72
Above Tide Motel(Campbell River)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
Coast Discovery Inn(Campbell River)(Great Value!)
US$ 126
Heritage River Inn(Campbell River)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
Painter's Lodge(Campbell River)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms facegrizzly bear lodgebeach levelpatio doorspool and hot tubview from the balconyoverlooking the oceanbit datedbreakfast was includedolder hotelcomfy beddining roomshipscruisegmrenovationwhales
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We stayed at the Anchor Inn a while ago and our experience was terrible!!! We were there for our honeymoon and I can't begin to warn you enough to stay away.
We stayed over Christmas and were forewarned that there would be no restaurant service. That was OK
But we had NO service for 3 days. No fresh towels, no bed making, no garbage removal. NOTHING!!!
When we went to check out I asked to speak to the manager and she was so un-customer service orientated I was shocked. I asked for a discount because we had no service. She had a truck load of excuses and when I mentioned no garbage removal she offered to take me to the maintenance room and SHOW me the garbage she had removed. No kidding.
And she also told me if I didn't pay my bill she'd just charge it to our credit card anyway "cause we got the number!
I paid the bill, and went on a massive search for the owners of this hotel. I wrote a 5 page letter of complaint to them and was told by the manager that the owner lived out of country. After some digging I found the owner's name ( thank you Ramada International) and I sent the letter of complaint to his home address.
Well his response was a pathetic as the managers....nothing.

Find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Monalynn
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed in both the Anchor Inn and the Travelodge in Campbell River.
Very nearly 4/5 but this doesn't fall under the same category as other hotels i've given 4/5.
Staff at check in were very polite. (However didn't make us aware of the continental breakfast).
Rooms were basic and clean.
Good pool and hot tub.
Good seafront location.
This is a little closer to Campbell River town centre (about a 25min walk)
Basically whichever is cheaper between the Anchor and the Travelodge, choose it. Simple.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Located right on the waterfront, the views are stunning. The bed and TV were good, but the carpeting left something to be desired. This facility has been here for ages but has seen at least one and probably more remodels. The facility had no elevators that we could find. This is somewhat of a challenge. We stayed on the 5th floor, but as you walk in you are actually on the 4th floor? We only had to go up one flight of stairs, but breakfast was down multiple sets of stairs and a strange meadering trail. On the up side, I am told they have some neat theme-styled rooms (Japanese, etc.) Breakfast was good, but a voucher got you a light breakfast, while 14.95 got you the next step up. The facility is located 5 minutes or less from the town center, so it has a good location as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the highest level, it will get you the best views of Quadra Island and the Discovery Passage.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosiesPosies
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This hotel is all about view. The staff is very courteous, but there is no elevator to the rooms and the place very dated. This is hotel in which you stay when it is fishing season and all the other hotels are booked. You will be happy with the view and sitting on the balcony in the afternoon watching the ships pass outside your window, but when they tell you it is a free breakfast, what they really mean is that there is free coffee and toast. They will take $4 off your bill for anything else like eggs or cereal. Next time I am in town I will make reservations at the Painter or one of the b&bs.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We recently booked our entire wedding and reception at the Anchor Inn and Suites. The hotel was clean and well maintained for an older structure and the staff was incredible!!
We had a block booking of rooms and several family members stayed at the hotel as well, all at a discounted rate.
The wedding was held on the outdoor deck and it was a wonderful venue with a dazzling view of Discovery Passage. The reception was held later that evening and the food was exceptional as well as the service. The ballroom was immaculate and they even surprised us by taking our design for the head table and making it spectacular.

Do not believe the hater reviews as they were written almost 3 years ago when the hotel was undergoing some serious re-structuring and it is now one of the best kept secrets in Campbell River. We are definitley going back.

Room Tip: Ask about the theme suites as they are larger and more comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family