All reviews yoga retreat short drive room was clean cherry spa lobby soaps amenities ac
Reviewed 18 September 2018

A great enjoyable evening, very comfortable, Staff was quite friendly and helpful. beds clean, bathroom spacious, nice grounds.. close to amenities, very calm views for reading or playing your favorite instrument

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I guess it's ok if you're expecting a bare-bones "retreat". It's certainly not what I'd call a resort. On the plus side, the room was clean, and we liked the toiletries supplied. The setting and grounds are lovely. On the other hand, we were SO looking forward to some relief from the heat in an air-conditioned room, but our hopes were in vain. No air-cond, and very little air flow from the window which would have looked out over the parking lot, only a pergola over the main entrance blocked off any view whatsoever. (I know, it was the last room available, and somebody has to get it.) I doubt the temperature ever dipped below 30 degrees (that's 86 Fahrenheit). They say there are coffee makers in the rooms, but there aren't, although there is coffee available 24 hours in the lobby. The beds were pretty hard too, and creaky headboards.

Room Tip: Avoid the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night. The room was barren- no glasses, no tissues. There was no air conditioning, and the room was extremely hot.

Not good value.

Breakfast not included, and no restaurant nearby. Thank goodness some friends gave me some muffins and then picked me up to go get a breakfast.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I just tried to check into this hotel they would not accept me or my mother in a wheelchair… they tried to say it was a credit card mixup and then they accused me of being a drug addict. They then said to get off the property or they would call the cops after I paid for my reservation. There are no words for this inexcusable behaviour. Their petulant child like manager is unlawful in his actions.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Travis G, General Manager at Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

You did not have a valid credit card and were screaming in our lobby. There was nobody with you or in a wheel chair. You never paid for anything as you did not have a valid credit card. Other hotels in Campbell River have confirmed not to rent to you. We wish you the best in your recovery

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Although this Resort has a great location , I found the Resort pretty basic. Rooms are clean and plain ,you have to go by the office desk to get your morning coffee , We spend are days outside most of the time enjoying the hiking on this part of the Island. Dog friendly. $20 for 1st dog $10 for 2nd each night . The price you pay to have your dogs with you. Are room was right next to the parking lot so we heard cars,motor bikes and people talking quite clearly .Nobody is in the office I think its from 8pm to 8am . Although the location is great we will probably stay elsewere next time .

Room Tip: Away from the parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple