Campbell River Whale Watching and Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We can be found in "The Floathouse" located on Dock E in the Discovery Harbour Marina in beautiful Campbell River, British Columbia.
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I could write all day about these guys but i will try to be brief. I booked my trip in Jan 2012 to arrive at Sept 2012 after reading the reviews on here about Campbell River Whale Watching Wildlife Tours i emailed them. Jack Springer emailed back with info and set me up with tours and a hotel. Jack is an awesome man, very kind, helpful and makes you feel so at ease. I really felt that he wanted me to have an amazing journey. I emailed Jack alot over the year about wildlife and trip details etc (was my first solo trip from the UK so was very thorough!) Jack always replied and was always friendly and helpful! When i arrived on Sept 18th the welcome was warm. These guys love wildlife and my trip was mainly for wildlife. I had a full day Whale/Wildlife watching tour with Kurt, who is a great, funny and knowlegable man. It was just incredible! truly breathtaking. We saw White-Sided Dolphins, Black Bear, Porpoises, Orca Whales, Seals, Sealions and Eagles. It was magical! Lunch was fantastic and there was loads too. An amazing day on the wild waters of BC. The next day i was booked in for a Full day Grizzly Tour. Another warm welcome and today was with Jen also a great, funny, kind and clever person. The trip to the Orford river, Bute inlet was incredible, we saw the rapids, whirlpools and more wildlife. When we arrived we were greeted by some friendly first nations folk, who took us in a bus to the bear viewing areas. We arrived and Straight away im standing pretty close to a Sow and Cubs! Such a great experience! always safe thanks to Stuart our guide and Jen of course. We saw plenty of Grizzly Bears and The Salmon Run. The are was Bear Paradise, Such Beauty i could have stayed forever! (We also saw bear tracks) Lunch was great again. The trip back was also great we spotted more wildlife and a Humpback whale. I really cannot stress how good these guys are! THE ARE AMAZING. So informative and freindly. Don't shop around just book with them now! 10 out of 10. A Journey i will never forget i cannot thank them enough!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"dall's porpoise"
"great wildlife"

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We decided to take the tour with Hurricane Jack after reading about his outfit here in TA and a recommendation from the owners of our rental home in Buckley Bay. I could not have been more pleased our 6-7 hour tour left around 8:30 am and we made it back around 7:30 that night as dusk fell. In between, Jen our guide took us on a wildlife adventure I will not soon forget! The trip over to the mainland on the Bute Inlet was awesome...our Indian hosts were knowledgable and engaging. We saw several bears from both the blinds and down on the river banks....the highlight was a mother and two cubs! I believe we saw seven or eight that day...the salmon in the river were amazing to watch...and the bears just ate and ate. I would have been satisfied there...next came 5 Bald Eagles along the way. Wow...now it was time for the sea-life to put on a show? After lunch we headed back through the Arran Rapids so much fun...and it was time for the stellar sea-lion show...then it was the dolphins whom surrounded our boat by the hundreds! Yes hundreds....seals were all over as we zoomed home and finally a whale gave us a sighting too.....a well run outfit, well worth the price of admission.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

What a wonderful day we had. "Fly-Guy" Aaron who was in charge was very knowledgeable, and gave us a day to remember. The exhilaration of the boat trip, seeing bears, Orca, eagles, sealions and more, with a good lunch half way through the day, was one of the highlights of our trip to Canada. We were impressed with the skills of our leader, we were able to get close enought to see the orca, but far enough away to give these beautiful animals space so as not to be stressed by our presence. Thanks to Aaron and Hurricane Jack and all the rest of the staff for a brilliant time.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Located on Dock E, Discovery Harbour Marina, this company advertised a seven hour trip in a covered boat with bathroom, which in fact lasted ten hours! Boat holds 12 which makes it a manageable group to maneuver. Went to Bute Inlet and saw a dozen bears, including mom's and cubs. Boat captain, Jan, made sure that we saw dolphins, orcas, humpback whales, sea lions. We were joined by First National guide in the Bute Inlet. Both guides were very knowledgeable and were enthusiastic about their jobs. We were a small group so that we could move from viewing area to area with ease, which enabled us to see more bears than the larger groups. I found this company to be very friendly when making reservations. Kathleen M.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This really was a dream come true. We went to British Columbia with the hope of seeing Grizzly Bears catching salmon in the rivers. Had looked at the various options from Campbell River and booked with this Company in advance. Everything went like clockwork " Hurricane Jack" aranged a perfect day including clear blue skies!! He was informative during the 2 hour boat trip to the Orford River and provided an excellent picnic lunch.
We saw a large male grizzly fishing the river within 15 minutes of arriving and then spent over an hour watching a mother and cub fishing the river and catching 3 salmon. On the return journey to Campbell river we saw sea lions and a pod of Orca whales, the end of a perfect day.
Highly recommenden and many thanks to the team at Campbell River Whale Watching