All reviews place to stay train tracks basic accommodation small place restaurants and shopping microwave and coffee maker great rate three nights clean rooms small town sask horn crossing amenities mattresses highway pass
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Stayed here while spending a night in Castlegar while traveling for work. The price could not be beat but there were definitely a few issues. First off this place is right next to train tracks so there's some pretty loud noise when the train blows it's horn at the nearby crossing. The furniture and decor is all a bit dated but the room is fairly clean. The bathtub in my room (#6) was quite stained, so it looked dirty even though it was clean. The bed was a stiff spring mattress that creaked a lot, but wasn't so uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep on it. The TV is an old CRT but it does have cable. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. For the price this isn't that bad, it's average.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank SailorAirman
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your time and review!
First, about the train horn.Truly the train track runs through almost the town, when it goes through, nowhere will survive because of the the train horn. As I notice, regularly it goes through four or five times a day, the first one is after 9 am and the last one around 9 pm.
Secondly, about the bathtub, a lady guest has advised me to paint it, but later I was told that the tub is not plastic and it can not be painted, so I consider to replace it. I have made several calls, but now is busy day and no one will be interested in my small business, it has to be delayed to, maybe winter time.
Finally about the bed, it's hard to know whether the guests like the hard one or soft one. sometimes the guests would tell me they need the hard or soft beds when they check in. In addition, TV is the old one.
Anyway, I would to say thanks again and I appreciate your review.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We had a stop over in Castlegar for the night and we had seen some good rewiews on the Flamingo Motel and we didn't want to spend a lot of money for just one night. In the rewiews it stated that it wasn't bad for the price so we thought we would try it out so we made a reservation before we started our vacation. When we arrived we were surprised by the condition of the motel grounds but we decided to check in the lady who owned the motel was very friendly and she showed us to our room which she had given us an upgrade. This place is run down it is not very clean I don't even think that is worth the price you pay we could not get out of there fast enough I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room tip: I would suggest spend the extra 20.00 and find another motel it is not worth over 100.00 it was asking I would stay away.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

First of all, I would like to say thank you for your time and review! Secondly, honestly, I felt shocked when I read your review. You wrote in your review used "we" for several times, but the information indicates you traveled solo. So I can't figure it out whether you stayed at our motel or not. I welcome any comments which match the facts. Yes, our motel is old, maybe is the oldest one in Castlegar, more than 50 years. I won't want to change it a lot because I prefer to keep its origin, let our return guests keep a good memory of it. I try my best to keep all the rooms clean, as the other guests write: very clean, immaculately clean. Actually I know who you are, you also left a bad review on the other site. You booked a single room with a full size bed, considering you guys are seniors, I want you to have a good sleep, so I upgraded you guys to a suite for free, a BEAUTY REST bed, just replaced last year.
I admit that the facilities in our motel are very, very basic which meet , I think, most of the guests' need: basic and clean, especially clean. Anyway, I thank you for you giving me the opportunity to show my aim in running a motel to the public: Basic and Clean. To be nice, to be objective, make the world harmonious!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I was stuck in Castlegar for the night and needed a place to spend the night. I found this place on line and was super happy with my decision. The place is cute and clean and has everything anyone could want. And the owners were sweet hearts, very accommodating and going above and beyond to help me out.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for your time! we appreciated your review! It's our pleasure to help the people in need.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Room was very clean and in good condition. Room 5 was a 1-bedroom apt with a well-stocked kitchenette and living space. Two TV's. Quiet. Great little motel. A/C was in bedroom so living space was a little warm. Clean but small bathroom.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My wife and I recently stayed at the Flamingo during a trip to Vancouver from Sask. We didn't make any reservations and just decided to stay wherever on the trip. The afternoon we arrived Castlegar there were very few motels/hotels with availability for some reason, so we stopped in at the Flamingo and they had one room left. We checked it out and the rate was $85 a night. The room was very very clean and quite comfortable. It is a small motel with only 6 rooms I believe, and we had a great night's sleep here. I would really recommend this motel if you are looking for some old motel charm and a great nightly rate.

Date of stay: June 2017