“Great place to stay!”

Super 8 Castlegar BC
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Castlegar
Reviewed 29 July 2008

We stayed at the Super 8 in Castlegar on July 24th 2008 for 1 night. The two girls at the front desk were very nice and we stayed in room 320 with a view of the mountains. We were offered a room overlooking the pool but we decided on the mountain view and windows that would be able to be opened if need be. The air conditioning worked well and the room was clean, smelled nice and had a small fridge and microwave. We had no problems with this motel at all and would stay again the next time through the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 July 2008

Well, this hotel looked nice from the out side. Even the lobby looked good, but the when in the rooms there was no shampoo or or coffee.
We thought ooohh well maby they forgot. So we called the front desk and asked the staff to bring us some of those ammenities. We waited for a 1/2 hour then called again. they said that the shifts changed and the person must have forgotten.
Next when i went to the pool it was so small and crowed by toddlers and kids. it was noisy and their were only a hand full of adults.
later when i decided to go to the busniess center and check my emails there were no computers avalible, what really made me mad was thier was an employee on one of them.
At night time their were people runing around in the halls and none of the staff seemed to care. It was very difficult for me to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2008

We've had a bad experience before, but we wanted to give it another try as the kids love the waterslide. Big mistake.

First problem: I booked a POOLSIDE room. Now, to me, that means BESIDE the pool. Wrong. It was a theme room, but it was not poolside, it was just in the theme area. When I complained that I had booked the poolside, the manager argued with me that it WAS poolside. I said my definition of poolside means beside the pool. Her response was that I should have called in person instead of booking online, and then someone would have told me the hotel's definition of poolside. (different from the general publics I guess.) I asked to be switched to a different room, but there were none available.

The stay was so so after that (the room was average, not clean enough for my taste, and a bit on the dark and dismal side) The bunkbeds in the theme room had very worn sheets, and the safety bars were a bit rickety. The toilet paper roll in the bathroom was empty and we had to ask for more from the desk. There was a bag of garbage from a chambermaid just outside our room door.

Breakfast was NOT good. (one of the problems we had on our last stay) The breakfast was not stocked up (this was at 8:45 am) I had to ask for coffee, water, napkins and butter. The tables in the eating area were cleared but not wiped. The muffin tray had two sad looking 1/2 muffins on it and nothing else. The garbage was overflowing. The only fruit available was bananas that were black enough to be made into banana loaf. When I asked that the breakfast area be tidied and restocked I got a big sigh from the front desk employee.

The pool was average, but I partook in the water slide with my kids, and saw that the steps leading up were in serious need of a cleaning.

We've stayed before over the years, and our experiences have gone from great to start with, to terrible this last time. New management or staff??? In any event, we won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2008

I can't believe this hotel has only a one-star rating! We've stayed here several times, and each stay was flawless. The staff has always been courteous and competent, the rooms well-stocked and clean. The beds have always been comfortable, and the rooms quiet. The breakfast is among the better complimentary breakfasts out there, but the highlight for us is definitely the pool. We have a toddler and it's an absolute paradise for him! Most of it is a wading pool, which is great for younger children. The slide is a lot of fun, too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially families. Nowadays I just make sure to request a room that DOESN'T overlook the pool, because it drives our son nuts to see it when we've got other plans.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2007

we had reservations across the way at the fireside motel. Oh my goodness it was stinky and dirty. We drove over the the motel 8, thank goodness, the room was clean,the beds were soo comfortable,just like home. We will always stay here its awesome,just like new,very very nice. The staff were great, especially Carley,she saved the day!!!! Yay Carley.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank mauidebb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlegar
0.5 km away
33.4 km away
Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn & Convention Centre
23.1 km away
Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel

Been to Super 8 Castlegar BC? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK