I was really disappointed with my stay at Kingfisher. I went with my family, and although it was a beautiful location, the staff treated us very poorly. I felt like I was a "bother" to the staff by being there. Unfortunately unless you have a car to drive into town, you are obliged to eat at their restaurant at the resort. I've heard reviews that raved about the sea food at their restaurant, so you could understand my disappointment when their sea food dishes left a lot to be desired. Not to mention those who served us acted like they HAD to be there and did not WANT to be there. My family and I took part in the hydrotherapy walk, and I understand that a quiet, tranquil spa environment is encouraged, but the woman leading us through the treatment would shoot us dirty looks anytime we tried to have a quiet conversation with one another. I can honestly say that I've NEVER been to a place before where I felt this unwelcome. I was thoroughly disappointed with my stay at Kingfisher, and I would not recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. Warm hospitality. Full service spa including the Pacific Mist Hydropath(R). Exceptional service. Be yourself. Be pampered. We'll take care of the rest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Oceanside Hotel Courtenay
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort And Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island