US$ 149
US$ 68
US$ 178
Old House Village
US$ 91
Arbour Cottage B & B(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 78
Lake Trail Guesthouse(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 64
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$ 322
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswater slidesbreakfast roomhi expressfree breakfastfront desk stafffamily suitecomox valleyyogurthot tubliving areagreat poollots of parkingclean roomsflat screenmini fridgevancouver islandwalking path
Reviewed 19 June 2015

My boyfriend and I first stayed at this hotel when we were in the process of moving to the Comox Valley and I highly recommend staying here! We had our 100lb German Shepherd with us and were nervous about finding an accommodating hotel. We called the Holiday Inn for booking and they were very helpful in getting us a pet room and assuring us that there would be no issues about having our dog stay with us.

When we arrived we were welcomed by the very friendly front desk staff who provided treats and a care package for our dog which automatically put them in my good books! When we were shown to our room i was even more impressed. Normally if you have a pet at a hotel they send you to a "pet room". These rooms are often the worst and dirtiest room in the hotel. But, the Holiday Inn does not operate like that. We were shown to a standard guest suite that was perfectly clean and comfortable. This definitely made the last leg of our trip much more enjoyable as we had been staying in gross hotel rooms for the past week.

The suite itself was large, with a mini-fridge, nice sized bathroom stocked with toiletries, and most importantly a very comfy bed. The hotel also has a hot tub and pool with a water slide. We really enjoyed that the pool was open later so when we went we basically had the facilities to ourselves. They also had a small gym but considering the size of the hotel it was well-equipped.

After a wonderful sleep we woke up to a delicious continental breakfast. We could not believe just how many different options they offered. From baked goods, to freshly made waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, etc. There was something for everyone.

We were originally only going to stay for one night but after a mix-up with the movers we ended up staying again last minute. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating with booking us in last minute for another enjoyable evening.

If you are staying in the Comox Valley for a brief time or an extended stay I recommend staying at the Holiday inn Express Courtenay.

Room Tip: First floor has pet rooms, if you don't like animals request 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clp1232013
Angela K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Thank you for your beautiful review of your recent experience during your long-term stay at our hotel and I hope you are enjoying living in the valley as much as we do.

It is always such a pleasure to read reviews of such praise! We are honored to read that our hotel is well suited to your family’s needs.

I’m so sorry that you found the pet friendly hotels rooms along your travels to be so disappointing but we pride ourselves in consistently providing superior accommodations and top notch customer service to all of our valued guests (including the four legged ones) and we are ecstatic to see we've succeed. We look forward to seeing you and your four legged travel companion around town! Welcome to the Comox Valley!

Angela K

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Beautiful hotel.Very clean and great breakfast .I am so impressed with the friendly staff.I will be back to stay for sure.Thank you for the fantastic stay.I would recommend staying on the top floor the view is beautiful.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Angela K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

We are delighted to have been able to exceed your expectations with our agents friendliness & service and our hotels overall appearance & hot buffet breakfast! I will personally pass along this very lovely review. We are looking forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 28 May 2015

I was pleasantly surprised at the modern and well appointed rooms. I could not have asked for more as far as the staff are concerned. Front desk staff made me feel very welcome checked in even though it was very late at night when in. In the morning they were equally efficient and pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Courtenay B.C.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff take great pride in our service to our guests, and we are pleased that you received great and consistent service from us. I will make sure to pass this along our team who are always excited to read reviews of this nature! Please let us know when you are ready to make your next reservation with us, we will be happy to assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

I really wanted to give the hotel 5 stars, but I have to say we were very disappointed in the cleanliness. The staff is amazing!!! I don't think you will find a grouchy person working there. The breakfast was super good for a hot buffet and the one lady put up with our rather large group well after closing! I can't say enough about the staff. Rooms were good size, beds were comfy, pillows were fantastic. We had four rooms all together. One of the rooms where my parents stayed was missing the comforters for the bed, and there was something smeared all over the front of the dresser and the T.V. made me very concerned. There was also a hair brush (not ours) found under the skirt of their bed. Clearly this room was missed/cleaned properly. There seemed to be a lot of dust on the dressers as well.....maybe the staff was rushed that day, it happens. It would be great to know that management goes in and does random checks on the rooms after cleanup. The hotel is too nice to lose ratings.

Room Tip: Ask for the water side of the hotel. The street isn't too bad but it is a main drag.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Angela K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2015

Dear guest,

I'm so glad, you, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, We very much regret the shortcoming in our performance. We have duly noted your remarks and have passed your comment to our Housekeeping department to make sure that such unfortunate incidents will not happen again. We aim to provide all our guest with quality service and are sorry that we did not manage to deliver the level of service you are entitled to.

We do hope, however, we will have an opportunity in the future to welcome you again in our hotel and truly hit ball out of the park in every section of your experience with us.

With kind regards,
Angela K - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2015

This hotel delivers consistent enjoyable stays each time. Its an easy stay - the rooms are neat, tidy, not worn, bathroom is clean, air conditioning works as it should, morning breakfast is included and has a wide range. The newspaper is an added bonus. Front desk staff are on top of things and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel will provide a modest view over Quadra Spit and a waterfront walking path which is flat and circles the local (non-busy) airport. In fact we saw planes landing but never heard them!.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Angela K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Comox Valley. When we receive such glowing review it truly validates all the continues hard work we put into making our hotel great!

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with other travelers, I'll be sure to share your thoughts with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. :)