Glenogle Mountain Lodge & Spa
US$ 124
US$ 131
US$ 128
US$ 115
Prestige Inn Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$ 169
US$ 161
US$ 246
US$ 238
Rondo Motel(Golden)
US$ 80
US$ 71
Best Western Mountainview Inn(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$ 181
US$ 146
Agoda.com
US$ 142
US$ 151
TripAdvisor
All reviewsschnitzeloatmeal pancakesgenuine hospitalitybreakfast and dinnerstayed for two nightsminute drivenorberthuglodgemountainsaccommodationshomemadebear
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed here for one night after a day of skiing at Kicking Horse. We found this resort to be perfect for us. The room (2 bedroom suite #6) was spotless, spacious and the beds were cozy and comfy. Dinner was delicious and competively priced. Breakfast was fantastic and Doris's pancakes are not to be missed. As we arrived and left in the dark we couldn't appreciate the scenery but I'm sure it's spectacular.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in December for skiing in the area. We had read the TripAdvisor reports before booking & were looking forward to our stay. On arrival our first impressions were not really what we expected or hoped for. There is no doubt that Doris is very friendly & helpful, but the lodge is not the quality you would expect for the price and it is run like it is their own home rather than a business.
We were asked to take off our shoes and leave them on the floor at the front door with everyone else's. Doris was reluctant to give us a key to our room to keep our computers, passport etc secure, saying that there was no crime at the lodge (clearly she knew that all her guests are trustworthy...!). The room was described as deluxe, but I would rate it at 3 B&B stars at best. For Can$125+tax per night room only we thought this was poor value for money. We also noticed on the lodge flyer that "breakfast included" had been scored out, so clearly a decision had been made to remove this from the price and charge guests extra. We bought our own breakfast or ate elsewhere as a result.
This accommodation may be secluded and friendly, and a lot of people love it, but it wasn't for us and we wished we had paid more attention to the less favourable reviews.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I had great expectations for this spa before going up for my treatments. I got there and the lodge was so quiet, no one at the desk or in the restaurant area. Finally someone called out to me and said to have a seat in the restaurant area. I went well prepared for some down time, so dug out my book and started reading.

About 10 minutes later a lady asked if I would like some tea,and seeing it was quite cool in the lodge, I did, it was very good. (I kept my winter jacket on the whole time)

The lady that was to do my massage was about 15 minutes late and no one informed me that she would be late. I wasn't too worried because I was prepared for a layed back day anyway.

When the lady came to do my massage I was asked to go upstairs and brought into a big room with 2 massage beds. She was very nice, asked the appropriate questions and had me disrobe and get ready for my massage. She could only do my massage with me on my front. I am not sure why. It was quite relaxing, but the room was very chilly... felt cooler after relaxing with the massage.

After the massage I had a pedicure. The lady set up in the corner of the same room, which felt odd, since I was still naked from my massage and not quite sure what to do with myself. She did tell me that she would be setting up in there, but I got restless laying waiting for her to leave, so I grabbed my blanket and clothes and went into the ajoining bathroom.

My pedicure was made good by having such a great lady doing it for me. She was very nice, but it all seemed unprofessional. I was sitting in the corner of the big room in something like a rocking chair with a pillow behind me, blanket over me - since I was cold - and my feet soaking in a home spa tub...the kind that will bubble and lightly massage.

It all seemed unprofessional and seemed quite highly priced for such an atmostphere - $199.00 + taxes for massage and pedicure.

I would go back for supper or lunch up there again. The sandwich I had was very good. But not for a spa day again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ktpostill
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We (4 norwegians) came to Canada to go skiing in Kicking Horse. After som weeks skiing our bodies needed some care, and luckily we were recommended Doris` massage. We went there and fell in love with the place. What a beautiful lodge! Not to mention the wonderful massage. We just wanted to stay there. Some days later we went back and ate the best food I have ever tasted. Doris is a wonderful chef, and I would like to go back just to eat with you and Norbert again. What a meal!
I highly recommend this place to everyone looking for a place to stay in Golden. This lodge just have to be experienced.
And when you go there, you will probably get a big hug from Doris. This woman know how to hug!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We were looking for a place to stay on the last Saturday night in September which we knew might be a problem but there was nowhere to be found in the area we were looking for -which was very lucky for us because it meant we found this wonderful place and our gorgeous hosts. We arrived at around 8 pm in the pitch dark and Doris was waiting for us. She showed us to our rooms which were really nice, spacious & very comfortable. There was a lovely smell of pine trees coming in through the windows. Before we went to find somewhere for our evening meal, Doris offered to cook us breakfast the next morning as the other guests had requested it and at the time we were there, breakfast was not included in the price. Stupidly we declined the offer as we needed to be on our way. When we came down the following morning and smelt the breakfast being cooked and saw what had been set out for the other guests, we really wished we had accepted! The view from the living room is wonderful and the hosts are so friendly – it is truly like being at home. It must be even more stunning in the winter with the snow etc. Doris gave us a great big hug when we left and we really felt like we were leaving family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends