“All that's Gold is NOT Golden! U will leave itching...”
Review of Golden Gate Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Golden
Golden Gate Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Golden
somewhere,there
“All that's Gold is NOT Golden! U will leave itching...”
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Just meters off the hiway and a low price ARE THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE END UP IN THIS PLACE! Smelled like a bingo hall, beds are fit for the dumpster,and in general it's suited more for a halfway house for convicts on the run & crackheads. And you leave with a free gift; BED BUG BITES!!!!!
Sleep in your car,don't learn about this dump the hard way!
{Only gave it a chance b/c I was tired from night driving on the winding Mountain roads & needed a bed and not spend big $$$} Should of slept in a campsite!!!! FML

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
5 Thank CruiserBikeTom
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
Business
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We were on the highway heading home from a camping trip, and the day was late as we entered Golden, BC.
My wife was longing for a bed and a shower after a week camping in provincial parks.
We thought it was 8pm, but had forgotten the time change forward since we were driving east from Revelstoke.
We - like everyone else on the road - were looking for a room on a rainy nite at 9pm.
All hotels were either booked with reservations or listed no vacancy.
There were two hotels left for us to get into and this was the cheapest at $90CDN a night plus BC provincial taxes and GST - total was $106CDN.
The Golden Gate Inn is across the road - the lower southside road off the highway - from the Golden (Gate) Rim Inn - no affiliation - on the east side of Golden, BC as you enter on the Trans Canada Highway (#1).

The rooms showed their age.
At least the beds were clean. The ceiling was patched in more than a few places. The fixtures showed were dull and in need of repair. The paint on the mirror wood sides was flaking. The carpet was thin and in bad need of replacement.
The desk guy was just managing himself with all the bookings pouring in. I think the prices were being jacked up an extra $5 so he could pocket the money, as the girl at the Super 8 hotel counter told me just 20 minutes earlier that the place was charging $85 plus taxes.

If I had my choice, I would not choose this place again.
I would pay the extra 15$CDN for the TravelLodge and take my chances there.

On the plus side, there was lots of hot water for both my wife and I to have a hot shower on arrival and before check-out the following morning. Also, we slept soundly in very comfortable beds.

Note: It was a Friday (August 8), and traffic heading west was heavy on the highway still. Guess the weekenders were heading to the Okanagan. There were lots of other hotels in town - and much nicer - but they were all booked up. I was shocked at the prices, but I guess its because the area is in summer high season, not shoulder season.

• Liked — Showers and beds.
  • Disliked — State of repair of rooms.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple