“Typical Western Chinese”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Oriental Palace is a typical westernized Chinese restaurant. Cheap mass produced decor and cheap mass produced food. Most of it deep fried. I won't lie. I liked what I had because it's what I wanted. I got the two item combo. The combos come with chicken fried rice and I chose ginger beef and vegetable beef satay as my two items. It was all tasty, greasy and surprisingly filling. I really have no complaints. It was everything I expected.

1  Thank Darnell B

Reviewed 9 January 2017

My husband and I decided to have some Chinese food and this restaurant was on main street and had a buffet . It was fairly decent. It seems like a lot of the locals hang out on buffet night.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I listed as average although it's likely be a little better than that. A fair number of menu choices and the veggies are fresh cut. Meat cuts appear to be bulk prepped and then sizzled in a wok for serving and the mein noodles a bit sparse of meat content with of all things 'lettuce' for filler.

Will satisfy the occasional craving for Asian cuisine. The BBQ pork is good as is the ginger beef and salt and peppered chicken.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Unfortunately we visited on a very slow night in the slowest part of the season ( late November) Waitress was friendly and efficient and answered our questions about the combination dinners available. We were the only ones there and ordered the dinner for Two
First up was the Won Ton soup and was good. Nice and hot and tasty.
The toner 3 dishes in the combo package...not so much. We must have caught them on a down day. Chicken fried rice was...well we didn't eat hardly any of it and had the waitress bring us some steamed rice . The beef and vegetable dish was best of the 3 as the Ginger Beef was only fair. Thought there would be an adjustment on the bill for the very poor Chicken Fried Rice but ..... Well they didn't charge us for the steamed rice we order in place of the C F Rice. Decor is also in need of spruce up. We will wait for a busier time before we try this Chinese Food place again as i am sure they can do better and other reviews are very complimentary. Must ahve been just an off night , I guess.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent food
In fact the best chinese food my family has enjoyed since being here in canada and that's 4years!
Well worth the money