“Good value, but I expect more” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Copper Point Resort

Copper Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Invermere
Calgary
“Good value, but I expect more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My experience was mixed. It's a beautiful resort and I received good value, but a couple of things really impacted the experience. On day 1, we had an issue with the toilet not flushing properly, so they sent a maintenance person with a plunger. He cleared the clog, but the flushing was still very weak, which is why it clogged in the first place. When we notified someone the next day that it still wasn't working properly, they said no rooms of the same category were available on our floor, so they couldn't move us, but they'll send up someone with some Drano. A different maintenance person came up and tried to fix it and said it was the best he could do. It still wasn't working. At this point, I would have liked to see an offer to move us to another room nearby, even if it is an upgrade. If a basic service in the room is broken, you should move the guests

Also when we came back from golf at 4:30 in the afternoon, our room was not made up and we did not have the do not disturb sign up. When we notified the front desk they seemed puzzled. We asked for it to be cleaned and for some fresh towels. After returning from the pool, they just delivered towels. I would have liked to have seen them actually clean the room.

I think room cleaning and a functioning toilet are basics that a hotel should provide to their guests, so that's why in spite of an otherwise lovely resort with great amenities, my experience was soured.

Nice things about the resort: Really close to a Tim Hortons if you needs a fix. Beautifull indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub area. Standard rooms are small, but worked for us, and they have a fridge, microwave, bar sink and really comfy batrobes (this is the first time I've ever really considered buying the hotel bathrobe)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Helmar P, General Manager at Copper Point Resort, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear CowtownKobe
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give us your feedback. While I see that you were overall satisfied with the resort itself, it would appear that we missed the mark on a couple of occasions and for that I wish to extend my apologies. While I personally was not part of the Copper Point Resort team in August, when you stayed, I will do my best to address your concerns. In an effort to support environmental best-practices, our rooms offer dual-flush toilets. This can sometimes prove to be a challenge but nothing our maintenance team shouldn’t be able to handle. I’ve reviewed your comments with our Front Office Manager as well as our Maintenance Manager and as a direct result of your feedback, we’ve made some simple, but important, changes in handling such calls from our guests. As for your housekeeping experience, this too, is not our standard. While I cannot offer an explanation as to why you didn’t receive service as requested, I would hope it was something as simple as a misunderstanding of the request on the part of the room attendant. Regardless, I can understand how these experiences combined left you feeling ‘soured’.
On the positive, I am glad to see you enjoyed the quality of our bathrobes and I would have to agree with you (even if it sounds biased) – they are the best quality of any hotel bathrobe I have ever stayed at or worked for.
Should your travels bring you back to the Invermere area, I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business. It is through feedback such as yours, that allows us to implement changes and improve our services, so all of our guests may benefit.

Helmar Praël
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Dewberry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We booked at Copper Point Resort online and had no previous knowledge of it. The website did it justice. We were travelling with 3 kdis (10, 3 and 2) and looking for a place where we could have some meals in as eating out is tough with young kids. The kitchen was very well stocked with everything you could possibly want to fix a meal. The rest of the room was very well finished, the dishwasher was a great addition, washer and dryer was great and the TV in the bathroom was an interesting topic of conversation. It may look like a place that kids would be frowned upon but we were welcomed with open arms. We booked in on a special rate where we received our third night free, this made this resort very affordable for the area. Pool area was great, even had underground parking. I would reccomend this resort to anyone we know...we were more than satisfied!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear Laurie B
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and your words of praise. Thank you also for sharing your opinion on ‘being family friendly’ – because we are! With a separate indoor and outdoor pool, 1 indoor and 2 outdoor hot-tubs, a sport court and a playground at the back of the hotel, and a ‘Kid’s Menu’ in our Elements Grill restaurant, we absolutely welcome families. As for the TV in the Bathroom Mirror of our suites, I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s a talking point amongst our staff as well.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Rooms were very nice and quiet. Bring sandles to save your toes on the slate floors. The staff were very helpful and nice. I suggest to make reservations at the restaurant if you wish to eat there. They need to prepare themselfves for your arrival. Our party of 9 actually left as they were short staffed and didn't anticipate the volumes of people that day. The pool and both the indoor and outdoor hot tubs were fun and clean! The gym looked great...Once the spa is open I think this will make a wonderful resort. We travelled with our 2 young children and another family of 5. 9 of us fit nicely in the 2 bedroom with a loft. We just brought an extra cot for our 4 year old to sleep on! I would go back again as I anticipate this place will get better.

Room Tip: The two bedroom with loft had a large master bedroom with king bed and ensuite. Also a second maste...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear LisaF0607
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and writing this review. I am disappointed to read that we were not able to serve your party in our restaurant. That certainly should not have happened and I will review this matter in detail with the team, so we can avoid such instances in the future. On the positive side, I am most pleased to see you found our staff helpful and nice and that you enjoyed our spacious suites. I’m also happy to report that we are getting very close to the completion of our spa and I would have to agree – it’s going to be a great addition to our resort and just one more amenity to offer to our guests. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and that you will have the chance to experience it for yourself.

Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

- decor very modern but aligned with local environment
- pet friendly
- incredible suite with kitchen and washer dryer
- gluten free bread in restaurant
- under cover parking

Excellent choice

Pro . None

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Kedmab,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and the resort facilities. On behalf of the whole team at Copper Point Resort, I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed in a standard room at the Copper Point on business in October. It was a bit chilly when I first checked in but the heating system warmed the room up lickety split. The rooms are decorated with modern almost asian-fusion decor and beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are decent sized and easy to settle down in. My only complaint is that there are no coffee makers in the basic rooms. However, the front desk staff were more than helpful and loaned me a coffee pot with all the essentials when I asked for one. The hotel restaurant was yummy with fast service and great background music (Lykke Li and Massive Attack in Invermere?!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jbuerlen, Manager at Copper Point Resort, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our Resort. We are happy that you enjoyed your room and I have passed along your kind comments regarding the service you received from our Staff. We are happy to let you know that every standard room is now equipped with its own coffee machine.

We hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back. We value your business and it would be a pleasure to serve you again.

Helmar Praël
Also consider these accommodations in or near Invermere
13.4 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prestige Inn R...
#5 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
2.6 km away
BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn
23.1 km away
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation Villas
Fairmont Mountainside Vacation V...
#1 of 4 in Fairmont Hot Springs
13.3 km away
Crystal Springs Motel
Crystal Springs Motel
#1 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs

Been to Copper Point Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK