“Best Fish and Chips”
Review of Main Street Diner

Main Street Diner
Ranked #18 of 108 Restaurants in Nelson
Reviewed 1 July 2018

We walked around looking for a good place to eat. This is a cozy place with indoor and patio seating. Lively friendly staff and good food a fair prices. The fish and chips are the best we have ever had. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Stopped in here to grab some lunch. Very nice little restaurant. It has a covered street side dining area. The menu is simple but has some excellent options. I got their sandwich and salad special. The special was a lamb sandwich, which was delicious. The salad was actually very nice too. There was purple sauerkraut which actually went quite nicely. Definitely a place to try in Nelson.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Yesterday, I tried to eat dinner at Main Street Diner. I was with a couple who had a tiny dog. Not knowing the bylaw rules about dogs on sidewalk patios, I attempted to get the attention of a waiter before sitting down. The waiters were all too busy socializing with each other to be interrupted. So we sat down. When the waiter did arrive, the very first thing the very tall/thin waiter announced was that we could not sit on the edge of the (pretty much empty patio) with the dog. I sought clarification and he arrogantly announced "really", turned on his heels with nose to air and marched back inside. Not even a hello, nor a suggestion was made about where we could tie the dog. Shocking.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I go here whenever my dad is with me. I personally find the food average, staff is always friendly but look to other places to eat in Nelson. The good thing going for this restaurant is the outdoor patio...that is nice to enjoy an afternoon with friends and family

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Can’t go wrong with the Colorado omelette!
Storm loved the left overs!
Love going after Sacred Heart Church. Kinda of crowded , but they get you in and out. Can order lunch or Breakfast all day.

Date of visit: February 2018