“great gardens average food”

The Blaylock Mansion
Ranked #1 of 13 Nelson B&B and Inns
north vancouver
“great gardens average food”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed at Blaylock 3 nights the gardens and grounds are awesome and the pool and accomodations are nice . In three days we did not have a breakfast with any meat in it meatlovers beware the food was ok but not great. The hosts are very nice and accommodating

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pillchek
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Niwot, Colorado
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This was an unexpected gem. I can't believe there are not any other reviews here. Perhaps because they do not list on the major booking sites and you need to call or email directly to get a room. Trust me, it is worth a call! A maticulously maintained 1937 mansion with great rooms and a full hot breakfast comes with the room. The terraced gardens surrounding this estate are a sight to behold, not to mention the seasonal outdoor pool Wonderful hosts and a great place to stay when near Nelson.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank NiwotTravelers
Bonny Doon, Calif
Reviewed 27 September 2005

This might be a pretty place, but the gentleman who owns it lacks good manners. I stopped to inquire about the accommodations and he seemed very put-upon, appeared to resent my being there at 10:30 in the morning, somehow lost a phone call on his portable, used a choice Anglo Saxon swear word, and acted like I was a problem. Perhaps I was at that particular moment, but I didn't mean to be. I was well dressed, had money burning a hole in my pocket, and was driving a clean, late-model luxury SUV, not that any of this should make a difference. The biggest affront was refusing to allow us to walk through his garden. No where in any brochure or guidebook does it explain about the $20 garden tour fee. (Yes, we could get a $40 credit when we booked a room.) Needless to say, my husband and I couldn't leave fast enough. There are some friendly places just down the highway in Nelson. This was our only negative experience in an otherwise thoroughly wonderful trip in southern British Columbia.

Stayed September 2005
14 Thank PatPfr
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2005

This breathtaking mansion is the most amazing place I have ever stayed at. The room was beautifully decorated in an oriental style. I was told that all the other rooms were decorated with a different theme. The rock garden is huge and it is an awesome sight. It could use some maintainance, otherwise it is beautiful. There is a six foot tall sundial, arbors made of vines, lovely waterfalls, etc. I love old buildings and their history. This house was built in the early 1900's by a wealthy business man who owned the smelt mine in the area. My husband and I wished we could have stayed longer. We had a lot of fun playing billiards and we watched a movie on the big screen TV. The living room and sun room were nice and bright. The breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed July 2003
2 Thank erinf31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nelson
6.3 km away
Villa Motel
#8 of 10 in Nelson
23.3 km away
Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort & Event Centre

Been to The Blaylock Mansion? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK