“A Blast of Fresh’ n Cool Excitement.”

Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nelson Whitewater Rafting is the West Kootenays' premier rafting company. We provide transportation to and from Nelson and have four trips to choose from as well as paddleboard and kayak rentals on the lake. 1. Shenango Canyon - maximum excitement 2. Facchina Rapids - fun for everybody 3. Inflatable Kayaking - exciting 4. Scenic Float - beautiful and relaxing. Lake Rentals 1. Paddleboards 2. Kayaks 3. Inflatable Paddleboards - great for take-away rentals. Our guides are fun and experienced. Your safety is our #1 priority, and your fun a close 2nd.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 September 2011

If you like to explore nature by rafting on Rivers, than the Salmo River is the one not to miss.
I had the opportunity to go on a 3 hour rafting trip on June 20th 2011 with John Dutton and Crew of the
Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co.
It was one of the most exiting adventures I’ve experienced in years.
The trip starts out in Nelson BC with a short ride to Salmo on the “Woody Bus”, on the way you are given instructions on how to put on the Gear(Wetsuit, shoes, fleece jacket , helmet and Life Jacket).
At the entry point you put on “The Gear” and then you get a full basic safety course on Rafting.
The Rafting Guide is your Captain , you and 5 more buddies become the engine of the raft.
There is a lot of laughing going on that adds to the enjoyment of the trip.
The first part of the trip is learning to navigate, that big raft from the commands given by the Captain.
Team Work is a big part of making the trip a safe one. There is always Safety Raft floating ahead of the Teams in case there is a spill in the drink.
The second part is where the fun begins, Water and Waves become the motion that bring you the excitement, get the heart pumping and small bursts of adrenalin are released.
The paddle becomes your best friend and you hold on to it no matter what happens.
Waves, Commands, Water and small screams of Joy and Laughter become one Vibration.
I brought my Ski helmet with a waterproof Video Camera mounted on it with me.
I recorded the blasts of water coming at you, and it is so cool to watch the impact in slow motion.
We’ve made a couple of stops on the 3hour long trip to give everyone a rest and a seat change.
The last part of the Rafting Trip is where you get your Money’s worth. I won’t say any more to keep your
“Imagination “ going ahead at full speed.
Things to bring: Food, Water, Bathing Suit, Towel and warm clothes on a cold day.
They take pictures of the trip for you and burn it on a CD on the way back to Nelson
If you plan on going the best time is Mid May until Beginning of July.
I enjoyed that trip so much, I went down again 3 weeks later and it was money well spent.
I Love the sign in back of the Bus, it says” Tipping makes you Sexy”
Michael Dill Nelson BC

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Wow who knew whitewater rafting in Nelson would be this exciting?! Our guide John was very knowledgeable and made us feel safe. Must do for everyone that is in Nelson!

Reviewed 2 September 2011

This was by far, the best part of our trip for everyone! Our guide was amazing, very knowledgeable and fun! We would definitely do that again! If would have been nice to have some bigger rapids and more close up pictures, but other than that, perfect experience! There were 4 of us teenagers, and our parents surprised us, telling us it would for sure be fun, and they were right!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Two rafts full of friends. Fun bus trip and great on the water.Felt safe and well taken care of. Really enjoyed the trip and the guides. Do it again for sure.

Thanks Jonny

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I first did the slocan river which is nice and close to Nelson and a great introduction to rafting . It starts off nice and easy enjoying the view, I even got to jump in and swim a set of rapids. Then towards the end the action heats up with some fun rapids.
It was so much fun I had to bring my girlfriend and venture out to the Salmo river.
It was by far the most exiting and fun time ive had rafting.
John and his guides are very proffesional , informative , safe and most of all love being on the water having a good old time!
Thoroughly reccomend trying it out.

1  Thank shanedean6