“Good Value”

Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Port Alberni
Reviewed 18 November 2011

When I travel to Port Alberni for work I stay at the Best Western Barclay. The rooms are clean, the staff are polite, and the food is good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bmather
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

My daughter and I spend a few weekends a year travelling for skating competitions. Each one involves a stay in a hotel (hopefully near the rink!). The first thing my dd said when we arrived at the Barclay was, "This is way nicer than the last place we stayed!". Everyone was so friendly, and helpful (including lending us a pair of scissors to cut "skate tape" as we had left ours at home). Competitors need to be at their best for competition and staying away from home is just part of the game, so finding a place you can relax and feel at home is a high priority. The Barclay did a great job hosting many skaters, families, coaches and officials the weekend we were there. Thank you so much! We will be back again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I made a two night trip to Port Alberni in order to go to the McLean Heritage Mill and to sail on the Frances Barclay to Ucluelet at the end of August 2011. We chose this hotel because it was close to the Harbour Quay. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was spotless, the room comfortable, the staff were very friendly and our meals in the restaurant were great.

Room Tip: Check out the Online Specials.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We have stayed at this great hotel many times, and had several different rooms and have never had a room that was not comfortable and clean. The meals in the restaurant and pub were very good and reasonable. The hotel is not to far from the casino, which is nice for those that like to play the slots.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ted P
Reviewed 20 September 2011

An except of a letter I sent to the GM: I was recently in Port Alberni and had occasion to make use of the facilities of your hotel. While camping at Sproat Lake, I needed to make a conference call with the Executive Committee of the organisation I run in Hong Kong. Your staff were friendly, outgoing and efficient! They facilitated my making my call and I was also the recipient of your hospitality at your restaurant. The quesidillas were first class!

Your director of sales and the front desk staff were wonderful in accommodating me. Unfortunately, I don't get by Port Alberni too often. However, my parents live in Sidney and had occasion to visit after I forgot my Blackberry charger and your team once again came to the rescue.

[Since returning home], I have been talking up my visit and that your hotel was great in helping me get business done halfway around the world.

Room Tip: Did make use of the rooms on this visit.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
0.3 km away
Riverside Motel
Riverside Motel
#2 of 9 in Port Alberni

Been to Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK