“Newly renovated”
Review of Great White North Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Great White North Bar & Grill
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Cozy atmosphere, great service, excellent food. Sunday brunch from 11:30 - 3:00.
Homemade, comfort food. Local, sustainably sourced food and beverages.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The restaurant is not very big but has a nice and rustic interior.
Also our waitress made the stay that we felt home very soon.
Steaks and dessert (chocolate cake) were excellent.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Great Food and atmosphere. A fun place to unwind after a day spent on the mountains. Excellent value. We stop in everytime we spend anytime in Revelstoke.

1  Thank 4mcntrls
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We love the Great White North! The log bar, the moose heads, the cozy cabin feel...this place makes you want to chill out with your friends, enjoy a delicious meal and nice cold bevy.

1  Thank Gracioushost234
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Great White North Restaurant

Just before Revelstoke there is a lovely little restaurant called Great White North. You expect a burger place, and it has burgers, sure. What you don't expect, and get, are mozzarella and ricotta stuffed ravioli or braised short ribs or steaks. Prices are as expected, you can eat for $15 or for $30, but really, you will enjoy the meal you choose, or at least I did the night I visited.

Wine list includes some fabulous local and very small vineyards hard to get in liquor stores or larger establishments. I had a Hillside Merlot, and I would have loved the Rollingdales that were also on the wine list, which is a bottle with a custom label on the tables. Cute.

Service was discrete--I wanted to read and was allowed to without chatter. But others who wanted a more friendly approach got that. Excellent discretion. Deserts were heavy on cheesecake, but my small apple pie was more like medium and came with a huge scoop of very vanilla ice cream drizzled with butterscotch.

An especial treat were the hummingbirds coming to the feeders in front of the window. What a treat to watch them eat as you do!

Since I go through there on the Trans-Canada, I will stop again at this restaurant. It's a long way from road food and well worth the planned stop.