“Very satisfied and would stay again”

Revelstoke Gateway Inn
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Revelstoke
Columbus, Ohio
“Very satisfied and would stay again”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed here as part of a trip to visit family in Vancouver. We got a second story room with three beds. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The fridge, microwave, shower, and TV all worked well. The view of the mountains around Revelstoke were great. There's a train running nearby, and when you're outside, it can be pretty loud, but I couldn't hear it at all from inside the room.

There's a hot tub and fitness center, but we didn't get a chance to use them. We spent almost all of our time going to Banff, Jasper, and Mount Revelstoke. They offer a breakfast as well, but we left pretty early in the mornng so that we'd have a full day in the park and didn't stay for breakfast. Overall, rooms were great, the management was very nice, and I'll stay there again if I go back.

Room Tip: The second story rooms are newly renovated and larger. The smaller rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The website says "All Newly Renovated Rooms", this is a lie, the room we stayed in was a dump. Some rooms may be newly renovated but we had the misfortune to stay in a room that was dirty, cramped, stuffy, with poor light, decrepid broken furniture, little to no cutlery, leaky taps, windows that did not lock, doors would not close properly, cheap beds. They advertise a hottub & pool - there is no pool. If you choose to stay at this motel ensure your room has been renovated do not trust the website or photo gallery. We do not recommend staying at this motel, we won't make the same mistake twice, there are far better accomodations in Revelstoke.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Revelstoke hotels

Drumheller
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I always check rooms before I make my decision to stay. I chose the hotel for the price and after touring another hotel that was just awful I was thrilled with my room at Gateway. I own the Heartwood Inn and Spa in Drumheller so I think I know accommodation pretty well. If people pick something because it's cheap don't whine later. Anyhow, I was travelling with my elderly father, easy access, parked right in front of the door. We were impress how clean the bathroom area was - squeeky clean and so were the beds and comfortable too. The floor was laminate - much cleaner than a carpet would have been. Hot coffee from the office at breakfast - didn't bother with the simple toast etc. that was offered. The lady was very nice, leant us a big brush to take off the foot of snow on the vehicle. I will stay there again next time thru - although I will make sure to check the room first as always. Oh, and if there was a train - didn't hear it.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank pzwolfDrumheller
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Stayed here for a night during my ski trip through BC over the holiday season.

Rooms were old and a little dirty. Could hear someone in the next room snoring. Took a long time for the room to heat up. Wireless internet was very weak; had to ask for an ethernet cable. Lobby wasn't open for the free b-fast at 8:15am. That being said, the rooms are quite cheap and they have kitchenettes, which can by useful. The trains were a non-issue (only heard them when I was leaving in the morning).

I would recommend this place only to solo travelers or groups who are just looking for a semi-comfortable bed to sleep on.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Came here with a few friends for a skiing trip for 2 days. Rented a room on the second floor. Overall a good place to stay for the price we paid.

I read the other reviews before posting this one, and here's what I agree/disagree with:

A big deal was made about the trains. Personally, I wasn't bothered by this one bit. If you know you're a light sleeper, then guess choose someplace further from the tracks.

The wireless internet was worthless, but they did lend an ethernet cable. The connection was good enough to stream videos off of.

The breakfast is not for those who want something warm. I basically just drank some of the juice, and went somewhere else for real food.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends