“Great getaway, just outside of Victoria”

The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Vancouver, Canada
“Great getaway, just outside of Victoria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was a gem that I only found because of a coworker. I went on a business trip and I left the hotel decision with my coworker and admin assistant. When he told me we were staying at the Sidney Pier, I thought, nice... some sketchy cheap hotel just because it's close to the office...

After a long day of meetings and a dinner, we got to the hotel. I was very impressed with the decor right off the bat. Reception, very friendly and welcoming, then I walked into the room. This room was spacious, beds were comfy, bathrooms clean and modern. The best part was when I got up and it was light, I opened the curtains and had a great ocean view!

This hotel gets a thumbs up for me, I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Julio P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Mill Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We always stay at this hotel if we have an early flight out from the Victoria International Airport. It's so much more relaxing to get up and taxi to the airport that is only a few minutes away than drive from our home over the Malahat (which can be tricky in colder weather). This hotel is such a great value for the quality you receive. The spa is very good and the restaurant "Haro's" is fabulous. I have attached photos of their wheelchair accessible King Room to see the layout and accessiblity factor. For those coming from out of town, Sidney is a great little seaside community with great little stores and walking paths along the water. Lots of restaurants to choose from and very close to the ferry and airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeahfromBC
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My spouse and I spent a week there, for work and some vacation time. The room was large and the beds were extremely comfortable. The decor was tasteful, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a dog friendly hotel. Apart from the resident dog, a very quiet black lab, we only saw dogs twice in the elevator.

The hotel restaurant was good, but not exceptional. Red Fish, Blue Fish on 5th street had the best fish and chips in town.The thai restaurant a few mintues away on the main street (can't remember its name) was surprisingly good. We didn't try the spa as the services seemed a little pricey.

I would recommend this hotel and anytime we stay in Sidney we will return. It does seem to fill up quickly so reserve a few weeks in advance if you can.

Room Tip: There is a steam shower in the spa at no extra cost. We had an ocean view room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

A couple of things would have made the hotel part of our stay much better. 1) Tell guests at check-in that there's a "pillow bar". The default pillows are ok for sleeping, but terrible for leaning against while watching tv. 2) Fix the page that lists the tv channels. I stopped surfing through the channels around channel 30 after about 10 "not available" messages. Who would ever think to continue up to about 150 to find the available digital channels?

Excellent dinners in the hotel restaurant. The prix fixe menu was a great value.

Booking our rooms wasn't a great experience. As far as I could tell, there's no way to book connecting rooms through the web interface. Using the phone is through some all-North-America thing, and they didn't know anything about the hotel's great connecting-rooms feature. Luckily we were able to change one of our rooms when we checked in. Sort of my fault; I guess I should have phoned the hotel in advance to make sure they were connecting, but it would have been better to have been able to book through a person in the hotel in the first place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara M
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Very friendly and accomodating staff, excellent room selection. Everything was clean and comfortable. We have stayed at Sidney Pier before and have never had a negative thing to say. Staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Beautiful views in a beautiful community.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms we have stayed in have been great. Some have better ocean views than others. Many...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 52 in Victoria
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
Fairfield
Abigail's Hotel
Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 52 in Victoria

Been to The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK