“Can't be beat !!!!!!!!!”

The Lobster Pound And Moore
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
Reviewed 14 October 2017

WOW !!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful menu. Wonderful wait staff. Wonderful chef. Wonderful food. Wonderful service.

IT JUST CANNOT BE BEAT !!!!!!!! North Sydney is very fortunate to have this little restaurant. We only wish we could eat there more often, but we were only there the day we took the ferry to Newfoundland....they were closed when we returned....and we live in the States.

We had a crisp, fresh salad served with 2 dressings on the side (one was maple based). The seafood chowder is the best ever containing lots of shrimp, lobster and haddock. The potato "chips" were THINLY sliced (like strings) and perfectly fried and seasoned....tasty & crisp. Although we are not slaw fans, it was also good. And the fish....haddock PERFECTLY prepared.

AND....don't forget the blueberry cheesecake....of course that might be seasonal. But I am willing to bet the whatever cheesecake is available will be the best you ever had!!!

If you are anywhere within 250 miles you need to make the trip to the Lobster Pound & Moore !!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS THAT GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: September 2017
chefrich66, Chef de Love and the Governor of Given'r at The Lobster Pound And Moore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

And I didn't have to open on Tuesday. I'm so happy you made it. Thank you for visiting our island and hope to see you again next fall. Take care and Slainte. Chef Rich

Reviewed 11 October 2017

semi-casual atmosphere, the open kitchen concept can be distracting if you are having an intimate meal

Date of visit: June 2017
3  Thank heavyweight2016
chefrich66, Chef de Love. Governor of Given'r. at The Lobster Pound And Moore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Judging by the rest of your reviews I'm not sure you know what intimate is.Your taste in food choices are simple at best. Your choice of words were worse. Nothing negative about my food ( no misgetti n meatballs) ? Nothing negative about server? (My wife and best friend) Nothing about my pot hole filled parking lot? What about my faded signage? You also failed to mention our no poor parenting policy and lack of high chairs, our lack of senior discounts, the fact we have no tv's and the fact I only do takeout when I can. What about my lack of vegan vegetarian gluten lactose items? If you want to complain anonymously, at least make it interesting.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there for our anniversary to have supper. We had made a reservation and this was our first time there. A friend suggested it but it Didn't look very inviting when we saw the building but the inside and the meal made up for it! We order an appetizer which was lobster wontons, they were to die for, so delicious! Then we ordered the haddock and halibut platter and the scallop platter. They were scrumptious! I can't say enough about this place, it's one of the most delicious place I've ever eaten. Will definitely go again!!!! Highly recommended! You won't regret it!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have been meaning to write this review for so so long. This is the best restaurant and staff. I still dream of the lobster ravioli. We are making plans to travel back just for it. The chef is amazing!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

When we got there we had a seat and had immediate service. The owner/chef came over and asked us what kind of food we liked to eat. The lunch menu had a lot of stuff that had gluten in it, which I have an intolerance to. He also introduced his wife to us, which I thought was cute. He really has a passion for making good food. Since there wasn't anything on the menu I could really eat, he checked to see what he had. He made me a pound of oysters! And a side salad. The salad was beautiful, with homemade maple dressing. The best salad dressing you will ever have! The mussels were so good, I actually finished my meal. Which according to my boyfriend, is very rare. The mussels were amazing! My boyfriend had the chicken pot pie and tomato parmesan soup. He said it was amazing as well. When we come back we are definitely going to come here! My boyfriends parents are going to check it out too when they are here next month. So amazing service and really good food!!