“A BIT OVERBOARD WITH SHOWMANSHIP”

The Lobster Pound And Moore
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
Reviewed 11 October 2017

semi-casual atmosphere, the open kitchen concept can be distracting if you are having an intimate meal

3  Thank heavyweight2016
chefrich66, Chef de Love. Governor of Given'r. at The Lobster Pound And Moore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Judging by the rest of your reviews I'm not sure you know what intimate is.Your taste in food choices are simple at best. Your choice of words were worse. Nothing negative about my food ( no misgetti n meatballs) ? Nothing negative about server? (My wife and best friend) Nothing about my pot hole filled parking lot? What about my faded signage? You also failed to mention our no poor parenting policy and lack of high chairs, our lack of senior discounts, the fact we have no tv's and the fact I only do takeout when I can. What about my lack of vegan vegetarian gluten lactose items? If you want to complain anonymously, at least make it interesting.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there for our anniversary to have supper. We had made a reservation and this was our first time there. A friend suggested it but it Didn't look very inviting when we saw the building but the inside and the meal made up for it! We order an appetizer which was lobster wontons, they were to die for, so delicious! Then we ordered the haddock and halibut platter and the scallop platter. They were scrumptious! I can't say enough about this place, it's one of the most delicious place I've ever eaten. Will definitely go again!!!! Highly recommended! You won't regret it!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have been meaning to write this review for so so long. This is the best restaurant and staff. I still dream of the lobster ravioli. We are making plans to travel back just for it. The chef is amazing!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

When we got there we had a seat and had immediate service. The owner/chef came over and asked us what kind of food we liked to eat. The lunch menu had a lot of stuff that had gluten in it, which I have an intolerance to. He also introduced his wife to us, which I thought was cute. He really has a passion for making good food. Since there wasn't anything on the menu I could really eat, he checked to see what he had. He made me a pound of oysters! And a side salad. The salad was beautiful, with homemade maple dressing. The best salad dressing you will ever have! The mussels were so good, I actually finished my meal. Which according to my boyfriend, is very rare. The mussels were amazing! My boyfriend had the chicken pot pie and tomato parmesan soup. He said it was amazing as well. When we come back we are definitely going to come here! My boyfriends parents are going to check it out too when they are here next month. So amazing service and really good food!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We were waiting for our ferry to Newfoundland and needed a little lunch before we left. We wandered the streets of North Sydney and happened upon The Lobster Pound and Moore. It's in the back of an old empty store front and you would never guess by looking at it that it would be a 5 star restaurant but it is! We ordered a bowl of lobster chowder and were told we wouldn't want order anything else to go with it. They were right! It was a huge bowl filled all kinds of seafood and so delicious! The best chowder we had in 6 weeks in the Maritime provinces. The owner came and chatted with us and gave us some of his fries with aioli and then some chicken pot pie for the ferry.

When we came back on the ferry we went there right away for dinner but it was full. We made a reservation for the next night and had a delicious three course meal with wine. The service was excellent and all the staff very friendly. It was by far the best meal we had during our time in the Maritimes. I even asked him if he'd open a restaurant in Edmonton.

Absolutely a must try restaurant in Nova Scotia!