“Best Fish and Chips in Truro”
Review of Shillelagh House Restaurant - CLOSED

Shillelagh House Restaurant
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Simply the best Fish n Chips due to their batter, light and crispy. Good fries too. Some good lunch specials.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Heading back to hali from the cape and my mom recommended this place to eat I had hot turkey and fries and my fiance got a fried platter he wasn't over impressed with his I tried one of his chicken tenders I thought were good my fries could have been a Lil less cooked and they would have been fine they were tasty tho and homemade also my turkey sandwich had lots of meat I just wasn't a huge fan of the gravy but over all I was full portions were fine I don't know if I would recommend this place I feel it may depend on your taste so u will have to try it for yourself

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We ate here solely on the reviews off here. Had I seen this from the side of the road I would not have pulled in. I am sure glad that we pulled in. This is a fantastic mom and pop place. The service was amazing from the minute we stepped into this place, the food was fantastic. The fish and chips were amazing - truly the best we have!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The Shillelagh House is one of my stops when I come to town. I always get the whole fried clams. I don't know what happened. Not only were they mostly strips, the ones that were whole were very small. Lots of batter though! We ordered take out and part of the combo was missing. It was over $40.00 for two and definitely not worth the $. I see others commenting about how great the fish and chips are. Perhaps that's what they do best.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Haven't been here in few years but it is still as good as ever. Nice to not have to eat at a chain type place. Easy off & on highway when you are passing through.