“Ho Ho Holy crap it's bad”

Ho Ho Wok Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 114 Restaurants in Truro
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Went to this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews and it's the first time in my experience that the reviews were completely wrong. The people who gave this place excellent reviews must have no taste buds. They seriously need to get out of truro and experience better Asian cuisine. Seriously, I've been to thousands of Asian restaurants both in Canda and abroad, all over Asia. Now I know I can't compare truro Chinese cuisine to mainland China or even Spadina but at least be in the ball park of decent food. I make better fried rice then what we were served. My daughter, in the first 15 minutes threw up her food and the rest of us barely ate half the meal and gave up. It was not good, I guess the first red flag was the restaurant was in some poor lit basement in truro. I do not recommend this restaurant at all, there are way better places to eat in Truro. I'm disappointed because it came highly recommended by trip advisor reviewers for the most part.

1  Thank TravelGuru365

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Not a bad spot. Just your average Chinese food. This restaurant is in the basement, which I thought was a little odd. Anyhow the place was clean and the service was great.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Food is excellent. A friend of mine said it is far superior to any Thai restaurant in Halifax. I would definitely recommend the food at this restaurant.

1  Thank Lesley B
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Being a Chinese food lover, I rate this restaurant as the best Chinese food in Truro. Have tried them all in town and, while some are better than others, this one remains tops with me for quality; taste; portions; price/value for money and friendly service. Their won ton soup is perhaps one of the best I have ever enjoyed...a meal in itself, accompanied by a couple of their tasty egg rolls!

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Amazing lunch. Meat egg rolls were very good and stuffed with filling. Combo #1 was a Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls with rice and an egg roll for $5.95. Huge portion considering the low price. Lunch specials run from 11-3PM. Good food people :)

1  Thank WawaPitsit