“Schnitzel dinner for two ”
Review of Cafe B C

Cafe B C
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Bancroft
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant via the other reviews here and couldn’t have been more happy with our meals. One Yeager style the other German style with sauerkraut and mustard. Shared a Greek salad to start and a rice pudding to finish. Highly recommend and will definitely return.

Bonnie K, Owner at Cafe B C, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thanks for the great review. I am so grateful that you took time out to tell us and potential customers about your experience. Glad you enjoy your meal. Have yourselves a wonderful day.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Great family run restaurant with tasty meals at reasonable prices. We received a warm welcome and very friendly service.

Bonnie K, Owner at Cafe B C, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

So happy that you enjoyed the food and service. It's great reviews like yours that make myself and my staff pleased that we are making people's experiences with us great. Thanks for dropping by and have a great day.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stopped by for breakfast while our car was being serviced at the GM dealer next door, as usually we were not disappointed. My husband had the traditional breakfast special and I had French toast. Great food and good value. Highly recommend.

Bonnie K, Owner at Cafe B C, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thanks for recommending us to others. So glad you enjoyed your breakfast. You made our day. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We have now tried the BC Café for breakfast, lunch and dinner, have enjoyed all and relate their meals to home cooking.

Bonnie K, Owner at Cafe B C, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

So happy with your review. Glad to hear that you tried us out for all meal times. It is very pleasing to know that we are pleasing our customers. Hope is see you soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Things started out wonderfully with a very nice chicken curry soup. My wife's Caesar salad was pretty good....not too much dressing and some good flavourings (although she found it a bit too dry). Then there was that long long wait. Admittedly it was pretty crowded......our waitress came by a couple times to assure us it would only be a few minutes. (I don't think she really knew).

Then my Yaegaer Schnitzel came.....and it was HUGE!. That's a type of deep fried pork with mushrooms, bacon and a lovely sauce. It was pretty heavy....but very good. The veggies with it? Well......not particularly fresh or put together with much love or care. And the baked potato was fine. My wife, however, was quite disappointed with her turkey dinner. Not that it wasn't home-made. No doubt it was. And it was also fairly moist. But it tasted flavourless......and the gravy was also pretty flavorless (and there wasn't much of it--not enough to put any on her mashed potatoes). And she loves veggies....so those were a particular disappointment for her.

So really....this would be a 3.5 rating, but because the soup was so good and the portions so big for the price you pay----I decided I'd give it '4' rather than '3'.