“Charming Decor”

Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Bancroft
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Hubby and I stopped in to the Craftsman Restaurant again this past Fall for lunch passing through the area. I ordered a Hot Chicken sandwich with fries and gravy and Hubby ordered a BLT. The BLT was a tad small but I'd told hubby he could share my fries. This is a really nice homey restaurant and we will go back again, but I'm not fond of the gravy so that detracted from my pleasure in the Hot Chicken and my fries. The gravy just didn't have a whole lot of taste.
Fun interior, good service.

1  Thank Janet1016

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Every year while on vacation, my husband and I always make time for a meal or two at the Craftsman. EVERY dish has been super delicious! Jim, your creativity and flare is so appreciated! We cannot wait for our next trip up north :)

1  Thank CharleeSans
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Came here before and did not have a good experience,
So we decided to give it a second chance and loved the food/service that was provided! Maybe new cook/management since last time we visited?
But whatever it is keep up the great work!

1  Thank jmg2012
Reviewed 1 August 2017

My Husband, our 3 month old baby girl, and I finally tried out the Craftsman after driving by a hundred or so times. It was great!
My Husband had the special for the day of Fried Buttermilk Chicken ($21.99) and he said it was great. Came with a decent size Cesar salad and basket of warm bread to start, fries and vegetables with the two large pieces of chicken.
I had the grilled chicken sandwich with the mushrooms and swiss, but had them do crispy chicken instead (which they were happy to accommodate). It was delicious! I do think that substituting for crispy chicken was key. The gravy left something to be desired, but the sandwich was so good I didn't care.
We were too full for desert but I feel like this would be a place with killer homemade pies etc.
Definitely recommend trying the Craftsman :-)
Oh, and a tall boy of Guinness was only $5.99, which isn't terrible.

1  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I thought Jim's blue cheese burger was my favourite Craftsman burger - until I tasted the stroganoff burger. It was the 'burger of the week' last time I was in. Six ounces of perfectly-grilled ground beef, cheddar, caramelized onions, a dollop of sour cream, and multiple other "fixins" make this the tastiest burger I've ever had. A work of art... wish I'd thought to take a picture. It's a meal in itself... without the side of fries or salad. It's a messy meal, but well worth it. Just make sure you have extra napkins on hand.

1  Thank regis c