“My First B & B experience ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bracebridge
Spirit Bear Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 12 Bracebridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

To be fair to the hosts I want to start by saying I did not book this accommodation. It was booked by a client of mine (I was in town for business the next day).

That being said, this one is tough for me to rate. I feel bad because the hosts were very lovely. I was asked numerous times if I needed anything. I would give an Excellent (5/5) for the rooms and washroom, both very nice, tidy, spacious and very tastefully decorated. Lots of attention to detail.

However, the main sitting area for guests, is really cool in theory, it was large and very neatly decorated, but, it fell short for me. It had a tv (but with no satellite or cable, there were movies, dvd's I think) , but I honestly felt a bit awkward in this room. Reason being, the hosts had a separate sitting area (but no door to separate the two rooms) I could hear them watching Netflix's (cable), as well, hear their laughing and conversation. So that felt a bit uncomfortable for me. I had arrived a few hours before my coworker so I was alone.

The TV thing wouldn't be a problem if there were some tv's in the bedrooms but there were not. So this is something I would have liked and would suggest for the comfort of future guests.

My other complaint is I am not used to sharing a bathroom, that is definitely awkward for me. But luckily I was sharing with a coworker so at least it wasn't a complete stranger. Maybe that's a normal thing with B & B's so that is just my personal preference.

We were up really early and were asked what we would like for breakfast the night before but we just needed coffee and fruit so we're unable to take advantage of the popular breakfasts mentioned in other posts.

Anyway, it appears that many people like this type of accommodation, for me I prefer a little more privacy as well consider a tv a staple in any place for overnight stays.

That being said they were a very nice couple and if you are used to B & B's then perhaps this is for you.

Stayed: July 2017
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

For the past four years, we've been coming to Muskoka to enjoy a fun-filled weekend with terrific friends. And for the past four years we have gladly chosen Spirit Bear as our home away from home. Actually, it's better than home because each morning we awaken to a delicious breakfast cooked by our tremendous hosts, Terry and Eva. They are warm and welcoming as are the comfy beds! We wouldn't stay anywhere else when we come to Muskoka. The dogs are part of the charm.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2016

My family and I stayed at Spirit Bear in August. It was our first experience at a bed and breakfast and we enjoyed it enormously. We felt at home because Eva and Terry, as well as their 2 adorable dogs made us feel that way.
I would definately recommend this place to anyone looking for a home away from home.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bathanas
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Perfect location in Bracebridge, Muskoka. Eva and Terry were wonderful and made us feel very welcome during our short stay. Room was great, very clean and breakfast was scrumptious! Certainly hope to return soon. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Terry W, Owner at Spirit Bear Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We really enjoyed having you as guests and hope you join us for a longer stay sometime soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We just had the best experience staying at the spirit bear, I can't say enough good things, this place felt like home wish we could of stayed longer. Not quite sure of these bad reviews because our stay was quite opposite. The hosts were amazing and very accomodating. We have stayed at many B&b's and this one exceeded our expectations. We had poached eggs for breakfast that were perfect, place was very clean, the setting, location and ombiance was great, I think some people should just stay in hotels.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redmonster455

Thank you for your kind review. You are always welcome to stay with us! Please come again sometime.
We try to make each guest experience a positive one.