Quality Inn(Bracebridge)
Wellington Inn(Bracebridge)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
Bracebridge Inn(Bracebridge)
US$ 95
Inn at the Falls(Bracebridge)
US$ 117
Skyways Motel(Gravenhurst)
US$ 138
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2017

For the past four years, we've been coming to Muskoka to enjoy a fun-filled weekend with terrific friends. And for the past four years we have gladly chosen Spirit Bear as our home away from home. Actually, it's better than home because each morning we awaken to a delicious breakfast cooked by our tremendous hosts, Terry and Eva. They are warm and welcoming as are the comfy beds! We wouldn't stay anywhere else when we come to Muskoka. The dogs are part of the charm.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2016

My family and I stayed at Spirit Bear in August. It was our first experience at a bed and breakfast and we enjoyed it enormously. We felt at home because Eva and Terry, as well as their 2 adorable dogs made us feel that way.
I would definately recommend this place to anyone looking for a home away from home.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bathanas
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Perfect location in Bracebridge, Muskoka. Eva and Terry were wonderful and made us feel very welcome during our short stay. Room was great, very clean and breakfast was scrumptious! Certainly hope to return soon. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Terry W, Owner at Spirit Bear Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We really enjoyed having you as guests and hope you join us for a longer stay sometime soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We just had the best experience staying at the spirit bear, I can't say enough good things, this place felt like home wish we could of stayed longer. Not quite sure of these bad reviews because our stay was quite opposite. The hosts were amazing and very accomodating. We have stayed at many B&b's and this one exceeded our expectations. We had poached eggs for breakfast that were perfect, place was very clean, the setting, location and ombiance was great, I think some people should just stay in hotels.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redmonster455

Thank you for your kind review. You are always welcome to stay with us! Please come again sometime.
We try to make each guest experience a positive one.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

I waited a little while before doing this review as I wanted to be fair.
The good things are the location and the rooms although they are small and have no TV and one shared bathroom. The beds are comfortable.
I am not a big fan of B and B,s and this one did not live up to expectations.
We were unable to check in before 5 pm as both hosts work elsewhere full time.
We were two couples who checked in for 2 nights. I arrived first and was met by Eva. She quickly showed me the room and the bathroom and then said she had to leave to pick up her two dogs. When she returned I asked if we could sit outside in the lovely courtyard after a day travelling and waiting since 12 noon to checkin. The response. Oh not really as its not for guests and I have a visitor coming at 6.30 and need to use this area myself. We did arrange for my wife and I to sit there so long as we left by 6 pm. Eva then proceeded to conduct some sort of work interview with her visitor in the courtyard.
As we were going out for dinner I wanted to ensure that we had the code to get back in. I asked at least four times and still did not get the entrance code until we came home that night. Luckily we were not too late. We met Terry for the first and they did make us a cup of coffee for all of us when we asked.
In the morning I was offered eggs, how would you like them? I asked for poached. The response was oh is everyone having poached as we only have a big poacher. I had two fried eggs instead.
The next morning we were informed that we were having pancakes for breakfast. Bad luck if we wanted eggs. They do have one choice of cereal some fruit and yoghurt. Wasn't offered eggs to us but she proceeded to cook eggs for herself and her husband!
The two dogs had the run of the house and I don't particularly like dogs sitting on my feet whilst eating my meal. They are small inoffensive dogs but still.. The most dangerous thing was that they placed a large board across the steps to and from our room to keep the dogs downstairs, which the guests had to step over. Bad luck if you forgot or didn't see it. We were not warned about it..There are 18 steps from the ground floor to our rooms and it is quite a struggle with luggage.
The second night we came home at 8.00 pm. No one home except the dogs! No welcome light just a radio on for the dogs I think. There are no areas where we could make tea or coffee or get a drink so we all went to our rooms. About 10 pm the dogs started barking at someone knocking on the doors outside. One of our group was quite scared. I finally found a light switch for downstairs
Just getting back to sleep when our hosts finally came home at 10.45pm with dogs barking again. We really felt like intruders in this place not paying guests.. The host living area is not seperate and their bedroom adjoins one of the guest rooms. My wife was hoping to watch some of the tennis on the TV but we were informed that the TV in the guest area only played DVDs.
The area for guests is a big open room with very few facilities a lounge a few books and a non working TV.
All in all it seemed like this was just a part time B and B and that we were just an inconvenience although they were more that happy to take our $500 when we left.
This place obviously works for some people and maybe we just had a bad experience.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim L
Terry W, Owner at Spirit Bear Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not feel welcome. As we live here we did have other commitments during your stay. Both the code to the door and a drink area was quite obvious in the Great Room. We left the door unlocked for your convenience so that you wouldn't have to worry about a code, nor is there a curfew.There are cold drinks and a coffee/tea machine that all our guests are welcome to.( in the room with very few amenities as you mentioned) Perhaps you did not notice it. It was quite clear to us as well that you are not a fan of dogs or B&B's. Information about the dogs, shared bathroom, tv's etc. is provided on our website. Perhaps a hotel experience is more to your liking.