“Spectacular Food and Service - A touch overpriced” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rossini's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 134 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Founded in 1948, Rossini's is one of Chatham's oldest restaurants; specializing in traditional Italian cuisine. Whether you're having a business lunch, intimate dinner, special occasion event, or a corporate meeting, Rossini's staff is there to make it happen. Everything done at Rossini's is designed to create a memorable dining experience that will have you coming back time and time again. Highly qualified chefs and serving staff will ensure that each meal will tantalize your taste buds and delight your senses.
Chatham, Canada
“Spectacular Food and Service - A touch overpriced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We moved to Chatham a year ago and had avoided Rossini's due to the reviews we had read. But last night as we were passing by, we decided to give it a chance and are we glad we did.

First Impressions: Lots of Parking. As we entered the restaurant we were greeted by Pam and we told her that this was our first visit. She gave us a tour of the restaurant (much appreciated). It is large, but still has a very intimate feel to it. There are several rooms of various sizes for private parties. The lighting was dimmed just right for evening settings.

Menu: They have a large varied menu that covers pasta, steaks, seafood, Chicken and Veal. On the pricing side, I have found that Chatham seems to specialize in high priced Italian restaurants for some strange reason. We like to describe Chatham as home of the $30 plate of spaghetti which we have seen no where else in the world. Rossini's seems to follow this trend and is roughly 15% high on many entrees. The wine was reasonably priced although their selection is predominantly in the 0 sweetness range which is a little dry for whites.

Our Selection: I chose the veal dressed with proscuito, shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes and white cream sauce. My wife chose the coconut encrusted Chicken. We had the bacon wrapped scallops appetizer and included salads along with a bottle of White Tower (one of the rare "2" sweetness wines).
The foccacia bread they brought was excellent and we asked for oil and balsamic vinegar to dip in it which wasn't automatic, but as soon as I began to ask, the waitress knew exactly what our request was going to be and quickly brought it.
The wine went perfect with the scallops which were HUGE and perfectly done. I have never had the pleasure of scallops done so well as most overcook them or use small nickel sized scallops. These were large thick ones the size of a small child's fist. It was a great beginning.
I am a veal lover and pretty good at making it myself, but my first bite of the veal was a wave of sensuous tastes (yes, I'm French and we describe food this way). As I descibed it to Pam, it was one of those tastes that makes you "roll your eyes in to the back of your head and sign moments." The shrimp were large as well and extremely tasty. The pasta side was swimming in swimming in garlic and butter which is the way I like it.
My wife equally enjoyed her chicken and noted that the green beans were also perfectly cooked, maintaining their crispness. By the time we were finished, there was no room for the very tempting desserts.

The Staff: Pam was very cheerful and most gracious as our server. She is a longtime employee as is the chef which speaks very well for management and consistency which is often a problem at many restaurants.

The total bill came to $115 with tax and wine and with the quality of the food and service, we were very happy with. We will definitely revisit this restaurant for special moments.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Only went twice. First time was good. Food was very tasty and sercvice was good.
Second time I only remember that my partner was made a fuss of and I was totally ignored.
I was made to feel very uncomfortable and told my partner we would not be going back. Luckily we found another Italian Restaurant that we love. This had been my partner's favourite restaurant up to that point.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, Ontario, Canada
“Fine Dining at it's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were serve by Pam, who has been at the restaurant for more than 20 years. She knows her stuff! We had a beautifully presented salad, and fresh pasta . The servings were generous and prepared with finesse. The dessert looked heavenly, but we were comfortably stuffed from our meal. Pam was attentive and conversational, not intrusive. We noticed many repeat customers, they were treated like family. I was referred to the restaurant by a customer of mine from my work, and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is high-end, but we don't treat ourselves very often, so it was really worth it. Our concierge from the Retro Suites made our reservation, we were seated in a quiet room with 2 other tables. Very nice atmoshere.

• Visited February 2012
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
“perfect for a special celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Attentive service and delicious food; private rooms available. Dessert available although we brought our own birthday cake and the restaurant plated it for us.

• Visited February 2012
“Excellent Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Very good food, great service...staff are friendly & personable.