“Buyer Beware ”

Kent Motel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Dear Cassel Miles,

Thanks for contacting the Booking.com Customer Service Team.

We’re very sorry to hear about your experience at Kent Motel, and we appreciate you taking the time to notify us of the situation.

Once again, we’re truly sorry that your stay at Kent Motel did not meet your expectations and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. We value the feedback you’ve provided as it will help us and Kent Motel to improve the quality of the services we offer.

If you can provide us with Pictures that can proof your complaint points we are more than happy to contact the Property on your behalf again for compensation.

Thanks again for choosing Booking.com. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Jessica Rempert
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Thank you for your response Jessica. We did address the issue with the owner; told him what we wrote to you and were told that we would not be refunded. So appalled were we with the state of the room that there was not the slightest inclination to take pictures. From Room 9 we went directly back to the office where the owner had been watching the event unfold. He was ready to reopen the front door as soon as he saw us exit the room after less than 30 seconds inside. It seemed like he was expecting that reaction.

The purpose of the trip was to explore historical African-Canadian sites in the region. We had just arrived from Dresden, thought we'd check in then head out and explore Chatham before the next day's trip to Buxton. The idea was to break up the 5.5 hour drive one way trip into two days. A basic room was all that was required. I thought that the full payment was due when we checked in. He had already processed the transaction and claimed that he had sent Bookings.com the 20% commission. How is that possible to charge before the guest arrives? After that disgusting encounter we decided to forego the remainder and return home to the Kingston area. It seems that you can do nothing because we didn't think to take pictures. Seriously?Thanks Jessica. Lesson learned.

Cassel Miles

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cassel M

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I called to cancel on the day of my trip, I was supposed to be allowed to cancel up until 6 pm. I got charged anyways and when I called back the next day they refused to give me my money back. Don't give these people or Expedia your credit card number ever. I don't have $50 dollars to waste right now. I'm 20 years old, I tried to take a trip on my own. I even handled the cancellation appropriately but that still doesn't matter apparently. Ready to cry!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Hailey P
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this motel quite often now for work. The rooms are clean if you get a non smoking. They are mostly updated. There appear to be some permanent residents that live here. It gives the motel a sort of shady look but the people have been harmless the whole time I've been here. The owner is a very nice man who tries his best to accommodate, and is very welcoming!
Would stay again
Price is appropriate

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Simple clean accommodations at a very low price with exceptional management. Felt very welcome and will stay there again when in town. Owners went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. Comfy clean beds and flat screen TVs with free WIFI.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Monika O
Reviewed 4 April 2016

I stayed in room 24 for 3 nights was very quiet and excellent for being clean, the room had 2 queen sized beds a fridge a microwave a flat screen TV with cable and WiFi It was very affordable and the owner was really nice on check in he even went over to the room and turned on the heat and TV all new tub and taps and shower head in the bathroom the house cleaning lady came by both mornings I was there to collect any garbage I had and to check to see if wanted the bed made up and clean towels or anything This is the kind of place that is like your own home and I would highly recommend it to anyone that needs a place to stay for a night or longert

Room Tip: Quiet Clean and very comfortable bed