“Did not impress me !”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Did not impress me !”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is my 2cd time here, but my first time writing a review.
They say there is a 90 second window to make an impression on a customer, whether they will return or not. I was not made to feel like a special guest in your resort at the front desk.

The hallway had a musty smell,I could not figure it out! The fitness centre, are you for real, no TV. Come on what was all that million dollar renovations for? Never have I been in a fitness room w/o a TV. Then internet, did not exist on first floor. When it takes 1 minute to load a page, forget it.

To book a tennis court, get a key, sign in, way too much. It was used once before me, in 24 hours and first come first served with guests respecting a 1 hour limit is suffice. My last night I felt like an orange pop, but alas the only machine with pop did not work. Noisy! Someone had a party in my hallway. The 1 inch height of the door above the floor gives excellent light, but not when I want to sleep.

Kudos to the Spa, clean but the recorded music, the genre I do not know, was awful!

If anyone feels a dinner of chicken, salad, desert, times two is worth $100.00, then I must be in the wrong place.

Loved the sauna.

Thanks, PG

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank minpgrange
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We bought the 59.99 - 2 nights/3 days coupon on dealfind. The price was a good value for a resort getaway that would have otherwise costed a lot more. We had checked reviews online and had learnt that they will try to sell us timeshare in a 90 minute presentation.
So on our second day we were scheduled for a presentation. A lady met us and tried to get friendly with us talking to us about all sorts of things. Then she came down to the presentation starting with a questionnaire which gauged how much we spent onvacations every year. Then she presented us with a plan showing us how "cheaper" a vacation with "RCI" timeshare points would be. When asked for the price she refused to tell that to us until we saw some video. Then a 'manager' came by and offered a "new" deal that was "unprecedented" and only for "today" which even the lady did not know of!! (Now c'mon!) She was like WOW! this is amazing! So we were being asked to pay $10000 for "50 years of pre-paid vacation". As if I'm stupid - and I had to make the decision on the spot or I lose the 'opportunity'. I refused ! The lady simply walked off, now suddenly being abrupt, without exchanging any pleasantries. Then a third guy comes saying he is from the "resort" to get our feedback on our stay ( feedback my foot!). He then tried to sell us on their lowet cost plan worth $3000+. I said I will research and let him know in 30 mins. When I checked online I fouNd Horrific reviews of the company RCI. I went back and declined the offer. SO ANYONE GOING TO THIS RESORT, THROUGH ANY DEAL, PLEASE JUST GOOGLE "RCI TIMESHARE REVIEWS OR SCAM", BEFORE YOU GO THERE. SO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SELLING YOU. Other wise the resort, as such, is good if you get it at a good deal. My family had a great time - not bad at all for $30 a night. LOL!

Room Tip: Buy if you get a deal. Research RCI timeshare before you go.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Andy c
, Guest Relations Manager at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you for your positive comments about our beautiful resort. As far as your concerns regarding RCI, I will be more than happy to address these with you or put you in contact with them directly, and I can assure you they would be able to give you the proper information regarding their products and services.

Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2012

So checked in with a dealfind voucher... no issues there staff very friendly and helpful, The room is clean and well appointed.
then we start hearing what sounds like a party going on outside our door, i look and there are several people down the hall talking.. sounded like it was right in my room. So NO sound proof doors. The pool area is very small and crowded which surprised me for a Sunday night.
Went for dinner on the 2 for 1 voucher. The food was good but had to listen to screaming children the whole time. the parents did not even try to keep the kids under control. The manager apologised to us, but not her fault.
So now to the comfort of the room, again well appointed but he bed is rock hard, i woke up in so much pain and have to sleep on it again tonight. I think i would rather sleep in my car. Aweful,
So later as the night wore on the huge family they booked in all around us were back in the hall, yelling and crying and knocking on doors. Not sure what the that was all about but maybe if there was better insulated doors and not such huge gaps at the bottom we would not have heard so much. Anyway that was day 1 and I will report on day 2 later...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 4bootz

Travellers are raving about these Collingwood hotels

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We went to the Georgian Manor resort for a 2-night stay, paid the $79.95 deposit, and were also told that we would receive our deposit back after we listened to their vacation property presentation. We have not yet received our deposit back, and I've called them at least 3 times regarding it. The responses I've read from Duane, their marketing manager, always blame their "marketing company" for people not receiving their deposit back. Sounds like Georgian Manor refuses to take responsibility for their fradulent advertising. I would highly dissuade anyone from using this particular promotion, no matter how good it sounds. They don't keep their promises, and they are NOT to be trusted.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Anita K
Duanegmr, Guest Relations Manager at Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Thank you for your post and I am sorry you feel that the delay in receiving your deposit equals fraud in any way. Its true that there have been delays recently and we are taking full responsibility and control of the situation. I would encourage you to contact me directly with your name, date of your trip, and I will send you the cheque number and mail out date so you can be assured your deposit will arrive. Thanks again, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Sincerely

Georgian Manor Resort
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed at Georgian Manor on Feb 25, 2012. I complied with all their requirements for a complimentary stay. I was told my deposit would get to me within two weeks. I mailed them on April 25th and was told there was an accounting error and it would be sent immediately. Now its June and I'm still waiting.

Room Tip: Don'y expect a refund on your deposit without a lot of calls, email, and work.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ronwfletcher
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I can assure you everyone receives their deposit back. It is unfortunate that there has been a delay, and am very happy to let you know that we have made sweeping changes to the process in order to expedite the refunds. In addition we have taken full control of the refund process to ensure the same quality controls we have here at the resort are applied. I would ask that anyone waiting for a refund email me directly at the address below and I will send back a confirmation of cheque number and mail out date for you to track and confirm receipt. Thank you again for your post.

Georgian Manor Resort
promo@georgianmanorresort.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
4.2 km away
2.3 km away
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Georgian Bay Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK