We were suckered into this "2 Night Mini Vacation" deal that we stumbled upon at the recent Auto Show thinking it would be a nice getaway for a weekend. The catch was the "2-hour timeshare presentation" that we were required to attend. As we've never been to one before, we were curious but prepared for the "high-pressure" sales that I have been warned about.
Reading the past reviews, I was expecting a condo like room but I guess purchasing the "deal" doesn't include that. Check-in was fast and the front desk reps were very friendly and informative. We were provided an average hotel room - 1 room, 2 double beds, tv and a bathroom. Arriving to the room, we immediately got bored and decided to check out the town. The really nice rooms were at the "Cranberry Resort Waterfront Suites" which were across the street which we figured out at the timeshare presentation.
The timeshare presentation was horrible. Our salesman starts off extremely friendly and understands that "We know you're here for the deal and I know you'll be expecting a high-pressure sales..." but he tried to ensure us that it won't be. Well he lied, no matter how many times we tried to tell that that we will not be signing anything right on the spot and that we're the type of people that likes to research, he just didn't want to hear it. After the 2 hour mark, we just wanted to get out of there, once he knew we were no longer interested in the timeshare, he would not stop talking about his stories and personal life - which got a little too personal for our comfort. It was obvious he was desperate which made us question his professionalism. Finally an hour after the time the presentation was supposed to end and after 3 other sales people trying to pressure us in buying we were finally let go. My boyfriend was so emotionally drained from that experience we vowed never to attend any timeshare presenation ever again. Thankfully, our "deal" came with 2 passes to the "Scandanave Spa" which was a really nice place relax after the stressful 3 hour presentation.
The experience at Cranberry was so terrible that we ended up checking out a day early and did not even use our 2 coupons for a 2 for 1 Deal at the Memories Restaurant. We will definately NOT be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cranberry Resort, set against the panoramic backdrop of Blue Mountain and the beautiful waters of Georgian Bay, is a world-renowned, 750 acre year-round vacation destination. At the Cranberry Resort, you can experience an expansive 18-hole golf course, full-service marina, fine dining, a luxurious spa and a wide range of outdoor and indoor fun the whole family can take part in. Cranberry Resort is a 4-season vacation paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Cranberry Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranberry Hotel Collingwood
- Cranberry Resort Collingwood, Ontario