“Clean and Friendly, GREAT PRICE”

Relax Inn Collingwood
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Peterborough, Canada
“Clean and Friendly, GREAT PRICE”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Having to stay overnight in Wasaga/Collingwood area was not planned so I had to look around for motel. It was the fourth one I had viewed and found the unit to be very clean and open.

I was treated by the manager with respect and kindness....VERY PROFESSIONAL
I am planing to return to the beach area in August/11 and will be staying there again.

I highly reccomend this motel to all.

John C

Room Tip: Ask to see two or more rooms to make choice
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2011

When we arrived, the manager, had all the answers for our queries, we booked the room without any problem. Rooms are very clean and with all amenities like mini fridge, microwave and small kitchen. Everything was clean in rooms. Their was a small garden good for bbq. Any one can bring your own food and do bbq. place is close to everything like Tim Horton’s, Wal-Mart, Sobeys which is 24 hrs, Canadian tire. so place is near to wasaga beach and blue mountain. We got all the co-operation from staff. So it was a good experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I was traveling on my own, with no interest in tourist "frills", so I wasn't put off by the things described an earlier, negative review, which was pretty accurate. My wife would have been equally dissatisfied. Hotels in Collingwood are all over-priced for what you get, and I was only looking for a safe, clean place to sleep between events. So, given the market, I found it acceptable at the price I paid and would recommend it on that basis. The room, bed and bathroom were very clean, (no plumbing problems), the rooms are sound-insulated, there's a mini-fridge and as promised - good internet access. Being the end of May, I didn't try the heat, but I presume it is electric base-board - inefficient at best and hugely expensive for the owner. It has wall-insert A/C which I didn't need, but looked "new-ish" and I think would be effective for that room. Location is easy to get to Collingwood, the rooms themselves are off the highway, so no road noise. The owner was courteous and cooperative and interested in pleasing his guests. The atmosphere is very retro, but welcoming.

Given that the motel is what it is - a sixty or so year-old building (with no design changes), my recommendations for improvements would be: (much) bigger fluffier towels, ironing board and bigger soap bars. Then, when he can do so, updated heating, beds and decor. For tourist-town prices, it is by far, not the worst place I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: The rooms all seem pretty much the same.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
toronto
Reviewed 31 May 2011

we found this place fantastic value for the dollar-clean, all the necessities were there- it is under new management/ownership and I wish them much success- hope people don't get scared off by the March review.

Room Tip: we only went to sleep- view was not an issue-
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Puslinch
Reviewed 28 March 2011

My partner and myself were in Collingwood for my sister's wedding reception. We arrived at the motel and when we drove in, I was shocked. It looked like a motel that had been closed for years. My partner walked in and checked in, and we opened the door to our room. I almost cried. I am not a needy person, or one that needs the bells and whistles but this was worse than a hunting lodge in the far north. Being up north you would think heat is the number one thing, electric heat that was on the highest setting but gave the lowest heat. Don't open the door, cause you loose the heat in seconds. The bed was missing the mattress and was just the box spring, and the 2 pillows were as flat as pancakes. The bathroom, was small and very much outdated and the hot water tap just kept going around. The place was clean, however for 105.00 plus tax, I called Hotel.com and cancelled and they put us in the Holiday inn, for the same price. The pictures on the website are very out dated. I have stayed in many hotel/motels within North America but never something this outdated, and basic comfort missing. Take the extra 10 dollars and go to a quality name hotel, and get a good night sleep and even 8 pillows.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Collingwood hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
6.8 km away
7.7 km away
Cranberry Resort
Cranberry Resort
#4 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Relax Inn Collingwood? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK