Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
Toronto
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

So everyone loves this hotel and to be honest it's nice. It's a clean, quiet newer looking hotel the rooms are similar to a Sheraton .Now don't get me wrong it's a nice hotel but it's not a resort like Deerhurst but compared to other chain motels it's very nice and comfortable the room comparable to a 4 star hotel . The employees are helpful and pleasant and it includes Breakfast. The breakfast is good we stayed two days and first morning they had mini pre-made omelettes ,sausage patties , toast, cinnamon buns , muffins, cereal , yogurts hard boiled eggs, coffee juices etc. Second day included bacon yea!! The hotel has a small indoor pool good for a quick swim or soak but not good if your training for the Olympics, hey who needs to do laps and vacation!!! No change room or hot tub. They had a nice workout room, business center and wifi included!! Yes got to keep up with my facebook! Be aware you will be in a business area with Wal-Mart, restaurants and grocery stores across the street. If you want a more nature feel ask for a room facing the back there is a forested area and a small pond. Take advantage of the stores to purchase pre-made sandwiches if you plane to roam around or head to Arrowhead Provincial Park or Algonquin Park (You must take time to go to Algonquin if you have not been). If you go to Algonquin fill up in Huntsville because it’s about 45 min drive to the park and the road in Algonquin runs 50km and there are not many gas stations on the way and only 1 pump in the park and it’s pricy and not always open . The park will cost you 16 dollars to go in. Over all this hotel is a nice place to stay but a little pricey if you ask me . Huntsville town center is about a 10 min drive away .

Room Tip: take a room facing the back if you want a view of the woods and pond.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Matthew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Alexcc:

What a compliment to be compared to a 4 star hotel! This is just validation for my team that we are exceeding the expectations of you our valued guests! Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and to be so thorough with your feedback. I’m happy you enjoyed the full complimentary hot breakfast – we try to offer a variety of hot items for guests like yourselves staying multiple days. If you stayed with us close to the time of your review being posted here, it was during our peak season as we are in a resort town and close to Algonquin. This would explain the rates being slightly more than what you had anticipated. October is very busy with tourists vying to catch a glimpse of the brilliant change in colours with the fall leaves. Given we are not a full resort we price ourselves much much less and are very competitive in the marketplace. Again I want to thank you for your review and look forward to having you return in the future. If you do return please contact myself directly at 1-888-297-5979 and provide me the details of your last stay and I’d be happy to personally assist you with your booking.

Matthew Phillips
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Beds are comfortable, choice of firm & soft pillows, room was very clean. Bed cover is white so you can see it is clean (no floral pattern to confuse you). Staff was very friendly and check in and out was fast, easy. Cute pool, decent little breakfast. Prices for snacks at vending shop were high but there is a walmart across the street, and restaurants in walking distance. Only a few minutes from downtown Huntsville. Will stay there again. Pet-friendly (not that you can tell---because it is super clean, no evidence of animal grossness aywhere).

Room Tip: Could see great colours from room in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CambridgeArtLover
Dear CambridgeArtLover:

Thank you very much for your positive review and feedback! I am the new General Manager here at the property and I must admit that I was very fortunate to have inherited such a strong team, especially in Housekeeping! I consider myself to be obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleanliness and even I have a hard time finding things for my Room Attendants to improve upon!!! I’m very happy you will be staying with us again! Please contact me personally when you do plan to return at 1-888-297-5979 and provide me the details of your last stay and I’d be happy to personally assist you with your booking.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This hotel was AMAZING! The staff was very accommodating and very welcoming. Blaire at the front desk is definately an asset to the Holiday Inn Team.
The hotel was clean and the housekeeping staff was also very helpful and nice.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. Front desk was also very helpful in showing us the sites and what to visit while we were in Huntsville.
GREAT JOB HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS HUNTSVILLE!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear C W:

Thank you very much for your positive review and feedback! I’d have to agree that Blaire is a true asset to our organization! She takes “Bubbly Personality” to a whole new level. Its not often enough that guests remember the name of a staff member that made their stay more enjoyable - so I assure you this will go in her annual review! I’m very pleased you were so happy with your stay and if I can be of any further assistance with a future booking please feel free to contact me directly at 1-888-297-5979.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Excellent customer service, Front desk staff Ashley, Blaire, Sharon are of great help. Rooms, common areas are clean and well maintained. Complimentry full breakfast was a plus. They try to accommodate each individual guest in best possible way. Never thought of writing reviews but after visiting this particular place thought of one, its really one of the nice place to stay. Not that many hotels have 2 Queens in a Standard room which was even spacious too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear jdalways4u:

The fact that our hotel had such a positive impact on you, that it prompted you to write your first ever review is one of the best compliments a General Manager can receive, so for that I thank you! I am posting replies to our 5 most recent reviews as I am a new GM to the property. I again have to say how fortunate I am to have inherited such a strong team. In an earlier reply to a review, I had the privilege of mentioning the strength of our Housekeeping team, and now I have the pleasure of reading about the Front Office Team! I firmly believe that if you take great care in selecting the right people for the right job and truly taking care of your employees, then they in turn will take care of your guests! Although I can’t take credit for building the team, it will be my pleasure to pass this on to each of them and I will work hard to keep them motivated to keep up their great work. Thank you again for your review!

Bequia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

we were recently in Huntsville and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express...it was very nice, with a good sized room, good sized bathroom, nice comfortable bed...easy to access from the highway and downtown plus close to some shopping with some big box stores if you needed anything.,,it was all very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning in the good sized lounge was a nice bonus, though I think we went at the same time as everybody else so it took a while for us to get a table, but no problem, we got coffee while we waited and read the newspaper and sat in nice comfortable chairs while we did so

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntsville
0.1 km away
7.6 km away
Deerhurst Resort
Deerhurst Resort
#3 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK