“Great Stay & Good Breakfast for the Price”

Comfort Inn Huntsville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Huntsville
London, Canada
“Great Stay & Good Breakfast for the Price”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We were looking for an affordable place to stay with our grandchildren on our trip north, came upon the Comfort Inn in Huntsville. The price was reasonable, the room was accommodating for a family of 5, but the best was the breakfast in the morning. Our grandchildren were in heaven!! They had so many choices, waffles, yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs and juice!! Our grandchildren had a quiet night and a great start to their day with a healthy breakfast, which ment Grandma & Grandpa had a great stay to their day!! Will definetly stay at the Comfort Inn in Huntsville, On.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank grandmas_trips
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Thank you for you kind words about our property and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast program. The staff and I do our best to provide our guests with a great breakfast offering and a memorable experience when you stay with us. Your thoughtful words will be shared with all the staff. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Check-in was SLOW, there was a line-up and only 1 **unsmiling** woman at the desk. The room was small, cramped and dingy with a irritating orangey?? smell and an incredibly noisy bathroom fan. Only nice thing was the LG flat screen. Internet was SLOOOOW. Since we were staying 2 days (big mistake), I called the desk (no direct line to housekeeping) and asked for the housekeeper to only bring kleenex (it was empty) and don't make up the room, however the beds were made-up, the room was not vacuumed but SPRAYED AGAIN WITH THAT JUNK, and NO kleenex left as requested.

The most annoying thing was there was NO breakfast the first day of our stay, NO apologies from the staff and NO attempt to rectify the situation....ah, there is a grocery store right next door! When I dared to complain, I was told the truck was coming in LATER that day and NO, the manager was NOT IN. Also worth mentioning, the breakfast area is very small and crowded in the morning, with no where to eat. When I checked out, I mentioned that I was not satisifed with the service and expected an adjustment on my bill to reflect the lack of breakfast. The front desk supervisor, another - SURPRISE!! - **unsmiling** woman gave me a lecture on the fact that the breakfast is "complimentary".....they are doing me a favour.....the truck didn't come in.....there is NO monetary value for something that is "free"....we have breakfast today....we are not adjusting your bill.....the "SATISFACTION GUARANTEE" only applies to the room....blah, blah, blah. I had not had a decent cup of coffee yet and did not feel like arguing anymore, so I left. And I will NEVER go back to that hotel.

If you are in Huntsville, go to the Holiday Inn Express (hot breakfast included) or the Best Western (continental breakfast). These 2 hotels are much newer, bigger and cleaner with a WELCOMING staff and are just as convenient to stores, restaurants and Algonquin Park. They are a little more expensive, but your stay will be much more enjoyable and comfortable.

PS There were some people from Europe staying at the hotel at the same time, and I feel very sad that their first impression of Ontario hospitality was the SHABBY treatment they received from the Comfort Inn Huntsville.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fairielake
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Stayed here one night and having stayed at a Comfort Inn before I was a little apprehensive. Fear not.... everything was fine.
Clean big room and the free breakfast was a bonus. If only all Comfort Inns were like this. No noise from the neighbours and light open corridors.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RAYWATTY
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay and look forward to serving you again when you are in Huntsville.
toronto
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night when volunteering for the Ironman 70.3 triathlon. The room was good, the hotel was clean, breakfast was included. Nothing fancy, view was of a parking lot and highway - but that's to be expected for the convenience and price! Perfect as a place to stay for the night.. Only comment is that our room did have a slight musty smell.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ycan8
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
First, please accept our Thanks for your help with the Ironman race. Events like this would never be able to take place without volunteers like yourself and it is appreciated. Thank you for your kind words and feedback about your stay with us. We value comments from our guests as we are open to ways to improve upon our Guest service. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again!
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I just wanted someone from the hotel to see this review and maybe do something about it. We had a room on the first floor and to start it off it smelled like dirty feet when we checked in. We aired out the room for a few hours and then went out for the evening. After our family function, i went back to the room and the smell was back and the floor was damp (really damp - like when you are on vacation and your room is damp from the ocean-but there was no ocean)...the smell is obviously from the wet rug. Even the bed sheets were damp. I had brought my own pillow and a little blanket so i slept on that while my other family members laid in the bed. Put it his way, i had my 1 yr old baby with me and i refused to let her crawl on the floor, no matter how upset she got. I am sure a really great dehumidifier would make all the difference (hopefully). I can't be the only person who stayed in that room complain since they have been booked up every weekend for the last few months. I am a really easy going person who is used to wet and dirty everything since i have children but even i was disgusted. If i didn't have my kids with me, i would have preferred to sleep in my car. I was up every hour just hoping the night was over. Hopefully they go through their rooms and check them out. Had that not been an issue, i would have enjoyed the stay since everything otherwise was clean and the employees were nice and polite.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank rarelytravel_11
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntsville, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share with us and I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. I appreciate your kind words about how friendly and polite the staff were and the overall cleanliness of the room. Our rooms are checked on a daily basis and we encourage guests to share concerns while on property so that the matter could be dealt with to ensure that you get the Great Nights Sleep that you deserve when staying with us. I checked with the staff and they do not have a record of any concerns noted so I would appreciate hearing from you. Please feel free to call the property at 1-866-398-7480 or by email at cn269@whg.com so we can resolve this concern to your satisfaction.