All reviews new wing shampoo washroom desk microwave
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Stayed one night in the new wing on a Sunday in March (yesterday). These renovated rooms are in the building that is part of/in behind the Motel's office. While the rooms in the other wing (north of the office) that face 9th Avenue look a bit shabby from the street (no idea though what they are link inside), the new wing rooms are inside with hallways and are nicely renovated and super clean.

Check in was fast and the woman (looks like a family run operation) at the desk was super friendly and helpful.

The washroom was nice and clean, the shower worked great and the bed was firm but very comfortable. There is a microwave and a new mini fridge (but one of the larger types) in the room. The room, the sheets and pillow cases looked and smelled nice and clean. I did find the pillows to be a bit on the soft side, had to use both.

While there were small bars of soap there wasn't any shampoo - not sure if that is because they forgot to stock the room with it - but luckily I always bring a small bottle of shampoo and soap as a backup just in case.

The free WiFi was fast and worked great.

The only real issue was a couple of the towels, while clean smelling, had some stain marks on them and the bath towels were kind of on the small side. Newer more plush bath towels would go a long way to increase people's overall perception of the hotel.

But the price was excellent and I would definitely recommend this hotel (new wing) if you are ok with a basic clean room and want to save some cash. I for sure will stay here again whenever I am in town.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the New Wing section.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank LakeviewG
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Very clean nice rooms great bath tub . A nice place to stay . I will stay again.Great place with a great price.The manager was very nice the and helpful. The Internet worked really good. A good surprise for a small motel

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Aaron Z
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We had been advised to book the new wing only, must admit the other wing looked a little decrepid. But we were quite happy with our room, for $65 on a Saturday night, we had 3 rooms booked, all had 2 comfy double beds, fridge and microwave, and were nice and clean. There was no coffee in the rooms, no ice machines we could find but we had cold drinks in the fridge so all was good. Had to wait longer then usual for response to the bell to check in, and was surprised we could see everyones information cards and room numbers when we checked in. We were a big group so felt safe, but had I been by myself, I would not have been happy to see my name and room number so public.

Room Tip: book the new wing
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank mlynnb
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I stayed here while attending a course at Georgian College. It is a very basic motel room (It was in the old part), but it was clean and had all the basic amenities, like fridge, microwave, desk and TV. It was also a smoking room which I appreciated. The bed was also very nice, and made for a good nights sleep. There was also free internet which worked really well. The big plus is the adjacent restaurant which opens real early, which made it great for having a real breakfast before heading off to class. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Glenda P
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

We spent a night there and it was really clean. We booked a non smoking room, and we had what we expected. The bathroom was nice and the bedroom was comfortable. There was a fridge which was so neat. The reception was friendly.
You get free parking too

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple