All reviews the salt water pool comfortable room convenient location king bed russell microwave ontario trail
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had booked this hotel online-from the Quality Inn website. I specifically found a pet friendly hotel and booked well in advance on August 13th for the Labour Day weekend. I was travelling with my Husband and my Mom-who is a senior and our family dog. Our reservation was prepaid. On the website, and on the reservation confirmation and the reminder emails the hotel claimed to be pet friendly and only said that I needed to pay an extra $20 if I was bringing a pet along. I called the hotel ahead of time and asked them about my dog and if the breed and size and it would be permitted to stay and the man who answered the phone said I would be fine. On the night of September 2nd, 2017, we arrived at the hotel around 8pm. As soon as they saw us the Front Desk Manager Yvonne said that she wouldn't accommodate us. When I asked why-she said it was because I didn't inform them that I was travelling with a dog. She claimed that the pet friendly floor or rooms where all booked and she could get into trouble with her manager if she allowed us to stay on another floor. She kept quoting how she got in to trouble the last time and she wasn't going to do this again. When I told her that the hotel claims to be pet friendly and no where in my reservation confirmation or in the reminder did it mention that I had to inform the hotel in advance-she told me that I had made the reservation through a third party and it was my fault that I didn't call and make a reservation directly with the hotel. I don't understand how booking a reservation online through Quality Inn's website is a third party booking. Yvonne was extremely rude and when I told her that I needed to speak to her boss, she said that she was the boss and her manager would only be back on Monday. When I asked her to give me in writing why I was being refused-she said and I am quoting here that 'she wasn't stupid and wasn't going to give me anything in writing' why I was being refused the room. We had travelled all the way up from London, Ontario and when my Mum-who is a senior highlighted this to her she said that it was our fault that we didn't inform the hotel in advance. She then gave me a print out of the reservation refund and told me that we should leave. When I told her that it was not fair that it was the hotel's fault and that their policies were not clear-she refused to apologize or even sympathize and then THREATENED TO CALL THE COPS IF WE DIDN'T LEAVE. Is this how your hotel treats its "Choice Privilege members"? WHY ARE YOUR POLICIES NOT CLEAR ON PET ACCOMMODATION? YOU CAUSE INCONVENIENCE TO CUSTOMERS AND THEN WHEN THEY ARE IN DISTRESS THREATEN TO CALL THE POLICE ON THEM INSTEAD OF WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS. I AM ALSO STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND FOR THE RESERVATION! This was the worst experience of my life!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Upon check in, the front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.The room was a newly renovated king with a sofabed and chair. We needed to get some ice but we were informed that the ice machine was on a different floor. Neither my wife or I could do stairs so the front desk staff got ice for us from the restaurant. We would definitely say that they go above and beyond in customer care, and we are definitely looking forward to our next stay.

Stayed: August 2017
Dianne T, Manager at Quality Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest
We are happy you enjoyed your stay, our staff is away's willing to go that extra mile to make sure our guest have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We have to spend a lot of time for baseball in Owen sound, we stayed again here. we requested a drive up one around the back so it was easy to sit with other parents in the back and not bother others. the hardwood floors was an added bonus, and the rooms were nice, fridge and microwave is great. Only issue was the cleaner forgot to leave towels, we called up to front desk and they ran some right down to us,

Room Tip: drive up is away from pool and stuff but good to get in and out of.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Michele
Thank you for reviewing your stay. It is nice to have the patio door so you can enjoy the outdoors while the weather is great. We are almost complete putting flooring instead of carpeting in all rooms.
All rooms are now equipped with fridges and microwaves.
Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We rented a cottage and when we saw it couldn't stay as it was horrible. we needed a place too stay ,not too far that takes pets. The stay was great, the room was clean, beds comfortable and conveniently on the 1rst floor to let the dog out. The decor was nice and floors seem updated.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Dianne T, Manager at Quality Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Guest

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We always welcome comments from our guests and we will be sure to pass them on to the staff. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with Owen Sound Quality Inn. Gorgeous rooms, great pool and hot tub, excellent staff. It was packed full but you wouldn't know it, other than the parking lot. Room was comfortable and quiet with doorside parking. Speedy check in with a very courteous and kind older gentleman. Loved the room! Nice newer laminate flooring which is genius for cleanliness and very clean beds and bath. I will defiantly be staying here again if I'm back in town.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at our Quality Inn, it’s always a pleasure hearing from our guest.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We look forward to your next visit.