Weren't sure what to expect but Russell at the front desk was awesome. He even grabbed us some plates for our takeout food. The morning front desk lady gave us a plastic bag for our wet bathing suits since we forgot to bring one. Both were friendly and helpful.
The hallways smelled a bit musty and had dated carpet. But our room had been updated. The king bed was super comfy. Flat screen TV, DVD player, minifridge, micro, coffee & tea. The fan in the bathroom wasn't very effective though...lots of steam hanging around after our showers. Shower head has different settings which was nice. There is a slight lip to get into the bathroom so be careful at night. Have to push hard to flush the toilet. Room was clean. Would have been nice to have a patio door to sit outside but can't have it all.
The salt water pool was busy with kids at night so we opted for a morning swim. Well there are about 14 seniors that have a monthly pass to use the pool here. They arrive daily at about 8:30 AM and stay about an hour. I only saw one or two shower before entering the pool...perhaps they do that at home I don't know. They were nice and did move over so I could swim by the edge. They don't swim...mostly a chatty social activity which is fine...good for them. There was no soap to shower with there though...perhaps a slip hazard ? The hot tub was not very strong and you have to push the button hard to start it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the tranquil shores of Georgian Bay and Lake Huron beckoning, the Quality Inn(R) hotel in Owen Sound, ON gives you real value for your hard-earned money in an area teeming with natural beauty. Our pet-friendly Owen Sound hotel nestled at the base of the Niagara Escarpment will connect you to stunning waterfalls, several art galleries and great family outdoor activities in all four seasons, as well as attractions like: Georgian College Bayshore Community Centre Tom Thompson Art Gallery Bruce Regional Health Centre Julie McArthur Rec Centre Owen Sound hosts festivals and events throughout the year including the award-winning Festival of Northern Lights, Summerfolk and Salmon Spectacular Fishing Derby. Enjoy a meal at our very own Kincaid's restaurant-which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner-or join your friends and family for a drink in our lounge. Our smoke-free Owen Sound hotel offers additional amenities like: Free WiFi Free parking Indoor salt water pool , whirlpool and saunas Business center Exercise room Invite your friends and family to your next event in our meeting room, which can hold up to 200 people for banquets, conferences and other important functions. Get your money's worth at the Quality Inn. Owen Sound hotels like ours help you relax and focus on the people and experiences you came for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn Owen Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Owen Sound Hotel Owen Sound
- Owen Sound Days Inn
- Quality Inn Owen Sound Ontario