All reviews room was clean continental breakfast bbq area high end hotels fridge and microwave would stay again enjoyed our stay bruce peninsula stayed here for one night nice stay sam motel buddies pillows discount
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Our third stay at this motel was equal to our previous visits. Continual upgrades, comfortable beds, and excellent service make this our 'must stay' place in Owen Sound. Their included continental breakfast is great. Thanks once again, Sam!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Our first time visit to Owen Sound and Tobermory. Decided to stay at this Motel for one night to leave early morning for Tobermory. The General Manager Sam was amazing and very helpful. A very well maintained Motel at the heart of Owen sound. Great customer service. The beautiful garden in front of the Main office was nice to see and happy to know thant it is being maintained by his wife. Very tidy room. On our request also offerd us Electric Kettle with few tea bags. Highly recommend this Motel. Will definitely stay again here. Five Stars to this Motel.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank bavasumit
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Was charged for a room I cancelled 2 hours later through booking.com which states free cancellation. Manager at knights inn has no customer service skills, is the rudest and most arrogant man Ive ever dealt with, but it didnt surprise me when I heard his accent, I knew I'd been robbed and would never receive a refund.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AthinaPea
nancy1175, Manager at Knights Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hello, thank you for your review. On the website of Booking.com, there is a clearly stated policy in regards to Knights Inn Owen Sound's hotel, which I have copied and pasted below this message:

Applicable Cancellation Policy:
- If cancelled up to 2 days before
date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
- If cancelled later, 100 percent
of the first night will be charged.
- In case of no-show, 100 percent
of the total price of the reservation will be charged.

Now, when you booked with Booking.com, you would have received a confirmation from them which would have included this EXACT policy. As well, when you book through Booking.com, the hotel also sends a confirmation and that confirmation also included the same policy. There is NO STATEMENT of any free cancellation- the policy states that if you cancel up to 2 days (48 hours) prior to arrival time, then there will be no charge applied. However, the policy ALSO says if you cancel later, which is anytime in between 48 hours and your arrival date, you will be charged. You chose to cancel 2 hours prior to arrival, so according to the policy you will be charged accordingly.

This hotel does not appreciate or tolerate any racist remarks. Someone's "accent" still won't affect this policy and you will be charged because you chose to cancel within the time frame while having the policy sent to you twice.

Management of Knights Inn Owen Sound

Reviewed 30 July 2017

On a Friday night of a summer weekend, this was all that was available in the area. The room was clean and the bed was acceptable. The breakfast was better than nothing. The staff were friendly and the location a good one for travel to and from the Bruce Peninsula.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I had high hopes for this place because of its location and good reviews. But worst customer service ever. I booked through Expedia and thought that it was pet friendly because I had put a check mark on the pet friendly filter. This place appeared and I booked it right away. We arrived at the inn around 8PM after a very long and tiring drive. I initially booked for 4 people but ended up having 5. I didn't think this was a big deal cuz hotels usually just charge an extra person fee. I had a pet with me and upon telling the guy, he immediately informed me they had a no pet policy. I was surprised, but I didn't argue and tried to explain to him I thought I had booked a pet friendly place. I didn't double check, and I admitted that was my fault. I then asked him what we could do because our phones were dead, we weren't familiar with the area, and it was late (almost 8:30PM).

He responded: "There are many hotels around the area, but that's not my problem." He also informed me I could still stay but there is a $300 Penalty for the pet. So.. wait, it's not pet-friendly but you will allow if I pay $300? What?! At this point, my friend came to see what's happening and I tried to explain to her in our language (Tagalog). The guy then said, "You cannot speak another language here, only English, specially infront of me and when I'm talking." Seriously? Were we not allowed to talk in what was more comfortable for us? Also at one point, I asked him to repeat what he said because i didn't quite understand what he meant, and his response was: "My English is very good, you still don't understand?"

Very rude and sarcastic and totally not helpful! He didn't care about us at all. He didn't even bother using his computer to see where the nearest pet friendly hotel was. All he cared about was getting us out of there. We were upset because we've never been treated that way. We walked out and I said the F word (not towards him) because I was upset and tired and he followed me out and said: "I heard the F word."

Took us another 20 minutes of charging in the car before my phone finally turned on, another 10 minutes to find a pet friendly hotel, and another 20 min to get to the place. And yet I still got charged $215 because Knights Inn has a 24 hour cancellation policy... I mean I'd understand a penalty but to be charged for the whole room that we ended up not using?

Just beware of this place. Once there is a problem, it all goes down the drain because the guy at the front desk will not help you out.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jecait
nancy1175, Manager at Knights Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your review with us. After reading your review, I would like to point out a few things. I did not say that finding hotels for you was not my problem- I stated that I was not sure what kind of hotel you were looking for, and what you wanted. In regards to the $300 pet deal you are stating, I did not say it would cost that to allow your pet inside my rooms. We have a strict policy for no pets at all. I had told you there is a penalty of $300 IF you decide to go against the policy and bring in a pet or smoke inside our hotel rooms. I was making you aware of this penalty if you chose to sneak in your pet that you would be charged this penalty. Also, you said you brought an extra person and I was willing to change your room for you to accommodate for the 5th person- and you agreed that there would be an extra cost for the 5th person. I tried my best to help you the way I could, by accommodating you to a different room. Lastly, when I told you about the cancellation policy in person, you seemed fine about it and understanding. When booking with us, the cancellation policy and pet policy is clearly stated.

Management, Knights Inn