All reviews room was clean continental breakfast bbq area high end hotels fridge and microwave would stay again enjoyed our stay bruce peninsula stayed here for one night nice stay sam motel buddies pillows discount
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I had high hopes for this place because of its location and good reviews. But worst customer service ever. I booked through Expedia and thought that it was pet friendly because I had put a check mark on the pet friendly filter. This place appeared and I booked it right away. We arrived at the inn around 8PM after a very long and tiring drive. I initially booked for 4 people but ended up having 5. I didn't think this was a big deal cuz hotels usually just charge an extra person fee. I had a pet with me and upon telling the guy, he immediately informed me they had a no pet policy. I was surprised, but I didn't argue and tried to explain to him I thought I had booked a pet friendly place. I didn't double check, and I admitted that was my fault. I then asked him what we could do because our phones were dead, we weren't familiar with the area, and it was late (almost 8:30PM).

He responded: "There are many hotels around the area, but that's not my problem." He also informed me I could still stay but there is a $300 Penalty for the pet. So.. wait, it's not pet-friendly but you will allow if I pay $300? What?! At this point, my friend came to see what's happening and I tried to explain to her in our language (Tagalog). The guy then said, "You cannot speak another language here, only English, specially infront of me and when I'm talking." Seriously? Were we not allowed to talk in what was more comfortable for us? Also at one point, I asked him to repeat what he said because i didn't quite understand what he meant, and his response was: "My English is very good, you still don't understand?"

Very rude and sarcastic and totally not helpful! He didn't care about us at all. He didn't even bother using his computer to see where the nearest pet friendly hotel was. All he cared about was getting us out of there. We were upset because we've never been treated that way. We walked out and I said the F word (not towards him) because I was upset and tired and he followed me out and said: "I heard the F word."

Took us another 20 minutes of charging in the car before my phone finally turned on, another 10 minutes to find a pet friendly hotel, and another 20 min to get to the place. And yet I still got charged $215 because Knights Inn has a 24 hour cancellation policy... I mean I'd understand a penalty but to be charged for the whole room that we ended up not using?

Just beware of this place. Once there is a problem, it all goes down the drain because the guy at the front desk will not help you out.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jecait
nancy1175, Manager at Knights Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your review with us. After reading your review, I would like to point out a few things. I did not say that finding hotels for you was not my problem- I stated that I was not sure what kind of hotel you were looking for, and what you wanted. In regards to the $300 pet deal you are stating, I did not say it would cost that to allow your pet inside my rooms. We have a strict policy for no pets at all. I had told you there is a penalty of $300 IF you decide to go against the policy and bring in a pet or smoke inside our hotel rooms. I was making you aware of this penalty if you chose to sneak in your pet that you would be charged this penalty. Also, you said you brought an extra person and I was willing to change your room for you to accommodate for the 5th person- and you agreed that there would be an extra cost for the 5th person. I tried my best to help you the way I could, by accommodating you to a different room. Lastly, when I told you about the cancellation policy in person, you seemed fine about it and understanding. When booking with us, the cancellation policy and pet policy is clearly stated.

Management, Knights Inn

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The room was a pleasant surprise. Clean rooms, well equipped with lots of towels, courteous staff, even a continental breakfast, nice place overall. We went as a group, 4 rooms, attending a music festival. Not what we expected, much nicer to be honest.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank OneMansOpinion2013
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Very clean, beds comfortable, newly renovated bathroom and friendly service. Breakfast was typical continental. Would definitely go back. For the price it was a pleasant surprise. We went for a weekend at a busy time in June. Everything in the room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guinivere S
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The room was clean and nice. Fresh and clean bathroom space. Very Homy atmosphere and friendly environment. Descent morning breakfast. Owners are very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely come again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Johanne D
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights (Friday/Saturday) for a swim meet. I booked on hotels.com for an amazing price! Check in was fast and friendly. The room, while small, was super clean with 1 queen and 1 double bed. Mattresses were comfy as were the pillows. Looks like it was just repainted. If I had one complaint, it would be that the towels were very small, I like big bath sheets but that's me I guess Breakfast was simple-bagels, bread, 2 kinds of cold cereal, muffins, bananas, apples, yogurt, tea, coffee, milk and juice. Walking distance to a few delicious restaurants, the pool and a Shopper's, among other places. I would stay here again every time I return to Owen Sound!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family