“good food, varied menu”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2011

good food
some difficulty with seating for a disabled person, finally resolved

Date of visit: July 2011
1  Thank Gay B
Write a reviewReviews (287)

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I decided to stop in here for lunch and was very impressed.

I ordered a simple soup and salad, and got just that.

The soup was a roasted butternut squash soup. It was good except for the fact that I found the seasoning to be a little off (not enough salt and a bit too much pepper for my liking as I'm not a fan of pepper). Then again, everyone has different taste buds.

The much-touted about caesar salad did live up to it's reputation. The addition of roasted garlic cloves is something I enjoyed and the dressing was very creamy and well balanced. Perhaps having some shaved Parmesan on the top would be the one thing I believe would have made it even better. The 'appetizer' portion was a very generous size.

The menu also featured a number of unusual desserts, which I ultimately decided to forego because the soup and salad completely filled me up.

Contrary to the previous reviews, I found the service to be very attentive.

I would definitely return.

1  Thank cober6711
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Dropped in there for a late lunch in mid Aug, it was crowded which probably explained the slow service - being for the UK we were not use to the differences in types of staff - so was quite frustrated at trying to catch the wrong eye..I had the local Pickerel, which was great but the chips weren't that good - better cooked would have been a start but feel the sourcing of the frozen chips was the real issue. My vegetarian partner had a wonderful mushroom on ciabatta with tomatoe salsa and she was very happy and concurred with me on the chips. the best bit for me was the Apple Crisp - I would definately go back for that alone!! - These guys could try harder, have less of a extensive menu and not sit on its laurels on the beautiful view.

Date of visit: August 2011
1  Thank Nicolas P
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stopped in for lunch while wandering around the waterfront in Parry Sound. We ate a light lunch, I don't recall anything significant about the food so I think it is safe to say it was fine. The service was friendly and quick. It was a hot day and I do remember that the beer was cold. I think due to its location and view of the water it is worth a visit if you are in the area.

Date of visit: July 2011
1  Thank dawat
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were glad we stopped for late lunch at the waterfront Bay Street Cafe in Parry Sound,Ontario.The food was very well priced, the portions were large, and the meals were tasty. Big menu to choose from. We had the grilled reuben and Crab sandwiches. Excellent big plate of French Fries. Thought the beer prices were a bit high. We ate on the porch over looking the bay. Service was friendly and quick. If you're in the PS area, you should definitely check this place out!

Date of visit: August 2011