“Been coming here for years”
Review of Joe's Hamburgers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Joe's Hamburgers
Ranked #13 of 484 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Best food north of downtown and even there. Good quality meats, shawarma and the owners are a delight who care about there customers.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

So I thought it was a hamburger joint and nothing could be further from the truth. Its middle eastern food all the way. I thought Tov Li made good falaffel until I found this place. And their shawarma was just as good. Constantly busy and if you go there at 6 to 7 you are going to be in a line up waiting especially on a weekend. Prices are fair the place is good the food is excellent. Would have given 5 stars but the furniture has to go its shabby. By all means I reccomend the place.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I too have been a customer since almost the beginning..
No matter where We go to eat, I feel ripped off, except at Joes!!!. Always leave happy full and satisfied!!. .
The last customer Annette's complaints are hilarious!!...you expect the prices to stay the same for over twenty years?....secondly, if you want a carb free dish...why don't you just order the dinner with salad?
You basically want a full dinner for the price of a sandwich...lol
These are hard working people, I see them running around like crazy trying to please all customers!!.
Have you seen how much things cost in a grocery store lately?
You Annette sound like one of those customers that try and get what you can for free...SHAME ON YOU!!!

2  Thank JacquelineE404
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying that my family has been coming to Joe's since he basically opened his doors and his store was half the size. Him and his wife make them selves quite visible with the customers and the food was always good no complaints until a few months a go i walked in ordered and his wife gave me a hard time over a side of tzatziki she made me feel horrible so i reached over and handed her a toonie which she took out of my hands and disregarded 2 decades of loyalty. My husband and i left very disgusted but today we were in the hood and decided to try them one more time. After all every one can have a bad day right? Hmmm today was a nightmare. U see we are on a no carb diet so we ordered our pitta shouarma with our topping on the side and asked for dinner plates with the intentions of taking the meat and salads out of the pita since its not part of our strict diet. Pretty reasonable right not according to the wife who huffed and puffed at her employee who gave us our toppings on the side. I was so shocked then went to put our things down and returned to the service counter for napkins when i saw joe and his wife huddle around the employee making her feel horrible about giving us our toppings the girl was so intimidated and then i heard joe tell her in a quiet but firm and threatning way "next time you will pay for it" and he repeated it until she had tears in her eyes. Well here is what i would like this husband and wife duo to know. Your greed cost you and it will continue to cost you because in the end people opt for kindness and that will not be found in this establishment.

2  Thank AnnetteC1058
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Joe isn’t Egyptian, but this place is popular with Egyptians...He serves much more (Mediterranean) than burgers, although strangely, not beef shawarma—only steak/kebob. I had driven by a number of times, because the restaurant entrance is easy to miss. It’s between two yellow signs: CashMoney (NE side plaza at Elgin Mills) and Leon’s Furniture Gallery. We ordered the gluten-free chicken shawarma plate and lamb skewers; also, the pita and fries were a hit. The falafels are not spiced Lebanese style, like my husband is used to, but they are fresh. Overall, the prices are more expensive than similar fare near Wellington Street Aurora or Weldrick near 16th, but it’s good—such that there is a steady flow of traffic or takeout, all day. (My friend always visits here when she’s in the area from North York.) Consequently, parking can be limited. Some people walk on nice days from the neighbouring plaza past Leon’s, facing Loblaws. If you’re in a rush, I heard there’s a way to order online using the Zomato app; it might save time on pickup.