“Don’t Miss It”

Add it.
Joe's Hamburgers
Ranked #13 of 484 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Joe isn’t Egyptian, but this place is popular with Egyptians...He serves much more (Mediterranean) than burgers, although strangely, not beef shawarma—only steak/kebob. I had driven by a number of times, because the restaurant entrance is easy to miss. It’s between two yellow signs: CashMoney (NE side plaza at Elgin Mills) and Leon’s Furniture Gallery. We ordered the gluten-free chicken shawarma plate and lamb skewers; also, the pita and fries were a hit. The falafels are not spiced Lebanese style, like my husband is used to, but they are fresh. Overall, the prices are more expensive than similar fare near Wellington Street Aurora or Weldrick near 16th, but it’s good—such that there is a steady flow of traffic or takeout, all day. (My friend always visits here when she’s in the area from North York.) Consequently, parking can be limited. Some people walk on nice days from the neighbouring plaza past Leon’s, facing Loblaws. If you’re in a rush, I heard there’s a way to order online using the Zomato app; it might save time on pickup.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Though this resto is called Joe's Hamburgers, I rarely see anyone order those. We all go for the swarma and Greek salad. The feta cheese in the Greek salad is generous, and the meat is moist and flavourful.
The atmosphere is what brings things down a bit. It is a great lunch place, but for dining out in the evening, too much of a cafeteria feel. The place is clean, and the service at the counter is friendly, but there isn't real table service.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My dads been coming to this place some odd 8 years from what I've heard from him, and every time we go currently we've never been disappointed. Great falafels, fries, onion rings, hamburgers, etc. Just the kind of comfort food you'd be looking for.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The food is okay, not cheap and for better can be bought for less. I have been many times as I live 5 minutes from. My last experience will be the final as the prices continue to rise, but the food does not. The staff were not rude, but not welcoming either. The hamburger is very ordinary. Chicken souvlaki was fairly good and reason for 3 star. I would rather go to a Pickle Barrel.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Joe owns and operates this restaurant located near Yonge and Elgin Mills in Richmond Hill. Every menu item is made fresh. From what I have been told, only the ketchup is not made in-house. The food is delicious. Joe even makes his own Shawarma. The lentil soup is awesome and the Greek dishes are terrific too. I usually order the falafel in a pita. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank 2upbeelers