“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Orly Grill

Orly Grill
Ranked #76 of 505 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Our family of 4 were looking for somewhere to eat after a baseball game in Newmarket. My youngest son and husband spotted Orly and we drove into the plaza. As we entered the restaurant the sever told us the kitchen was closing at 9:30 and it was 9:10. We were concerned that maybe they would send us away. BUT, they didn't. We promised to order quick and eat fast. They were very accommodating.
We got pita, pickled cucumber and cabbage right away. We ordered the falafel app which was huge and delicious. Then came the mains. We got two small shwarma dinners, small chicken breast dinner and small chicken skewer dinner. All plates were delicious and huge. We were impressed with the quality of the food, portions and also the fact they made all of this right when they were probably closing everything in the kitchen.
The hot sauce is so good. I want to buy a bottle of it. The creamy garlic sauce that you pour over the chicken is mouthwatering good.
We had so much leftover and I just gobbled up the leftovers with my kids.
In many ways this restaurant is way better than Me Va Me. I want to go back already. Thanks for a great meal and allowing us to eat at your restaurant even though it was almost closing.
We also noticed a lot of traffic coming in for take out. This place obviously is busy which means the food has to be good and fresh.

2  Thank Lryu

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I stumbled upon this place a few years ago while in Richmond Hill and find it to be a real gem! The place is run by a Russian family that work hard, gives you good service and great food that I find to be a refreshing change from the usual N-A fare I get when travelling. I will definitely return!!!

1  Thank paulis819
Reviewed 19 February 2016

This restaurant is a pleasant change from the ordinary. Love the pickled cabbage and carrots. The chicken kebobs are great and the one labeled small size is not small. I can't imagine how big the regular size would be. Great food and a very inexpensive meal out. You cannot eat at home for much less than this.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

The restaurant is located near Bathurst and Elgin Mills in Richmond Hill, ON. Right size, - not too big, not too small. Décor is basic, they could definitely update it a bit, but the place is clean and benefits from a corner location with many windows. We have dined here few times with the family, also have ordered "to go”. They offer catering and party services that I have not had a chance to try out yet. Through our visits we ordered chicken and beef kebabs, falafel sandwiches, crepes, soups. Even the food is simple, the quality of the food is good, the service is friendly with a personal touch, portions are not small, and prices are reasonable.
I have had positive experiences here so far. Will definitely visit again and recommend this place to my friends and their families.

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

We love to eat here. The food is great and the owner wants you to feel like family. It's casual dining with some of the best middle eastern and Ukrainian food. The beef kabobs are so tender, the garlic potatoes are perfect. The falafel is one of the best. Try the beet borscht and cabbage rolls too. Everything is great.

1  Thank Zisli