See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2016

The Emerald Isle motel reminds me of some of the motels I would stay in during family trips around the US twenty years ago.

Its' best feature is the location, being at Yonge & 7 right next to the 407 gives you easy access to most major highways. The only other benefit is the price. Normally you can find much better hotels for around the same price but if anything is going on in or around Toronto those hotels jack up the price making this the only affordable alternative if you're only looking to stay for a night. I should also add that they did have a pretty good WIFI connection which was surprising since nothing about this motel screamed hi-tech.

Cons:
- Non smoking room smelt like smoke
- Interior was not pleasant. Cracked walls, water stained ceiling tiles, only two lights worked, lots of built up dirt & grime in corners and appliances
- I was more worried about my security from the other guests than anyone off the property.

If you're a smoker who only needs to spend one night at a motel and doesn't want to spend the extra money to stay at better hotels in the area then this motel MIGHT be satisfactory for you but that would be the only target market.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank TOChris89
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I have stayed here multiple times over the last 4 years NEVER AGAIN. Each time I did have to re clean the room myself it seems the cleaning staff have no clue how to wipe a conter or get garbage fom under the bed. But I was aware of that so brought my own cleaning things. But the staff at the front very friendly and its a great location. Definitely not chap as it was 100 a niht but no deposit. More lie. 50 a night max. I was there with a friend april I checked back in just over a month later and got the same room. I settled in and went to order food I picked up the hotel phone ad under neith was my friends bank state ment, right there so thd the phone has not been cleaned or under it for over a month ! That was the last straw at this hotel. I packed up and went to the travel lodge right up the street. Way cleaner an cheaper. I will never go back to that hotel

Date of stay: May 2016
3  Thank jay r
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Well, its been in Richmond Hill for decades. They have a sign out front with some funny "quotes of the week"... I was in town last minute on business it was late at night and the weather was horrendous .... and needed to stay somewhere and been somewhat adventure-like, thought I would check it out --- I was waiting for a couple in front to check in and after seeing the condition of the place and a person leaving telling me don't bother, I ended ended up leaving without checking in....maybe they are waiting for an offer on the land value -- I am sure its worth much more than the motel itself...

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank loews
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Located at Yonge at 407/7, surrounded by big box retail and new condos, sits this odd motel. It was obviously there when this was all countryside. The motel is not classy or even cheap. For a room with a broken dresser, you pay $90. If you are on a budget, you would be better off going on Priceline.com and just bidding on an actual hotel room.

This motel has two sides. South facing is where they put the 'guests' who will stay the night, but it appears the north side are those paying by the hour.

Stay away. You deserve better.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank MrToronto
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Cobwebs, mothball smell, dirty drawers and refrigerator. Yuck! We were afraid to step on the carpet. We put extra padding under the sheet to have the bed be okay for sleeping. The shower worked well is about the best I can say. We had booked 3 nights and left after 1.

Date of stay: August 2014