“Good food, great for family”

Pancer's Deli Emporium
Ranked #127 of 509 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Authentic deli serving the best corned beef & pastrami. Soups sandwiches salads and fish and chips makes Pancers an all around go to food stop. Catering, dine in and take make a great stop for meal replacements or a quick fix.
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

A lot of other Deli's are pretty loud and this location is quieter, one of the owners was serving when we popped in for lunch on a weekend. She was incredibly kind to my kids.

Food was quite good, my wife loved the smoked meat but as I eat at Centre Street, Katz's and Shwartz's in Montreal regularly the juiciness and as other reviewers have mentioned, portions aren't the same. But still really good.

I ordered pickles and they were fantastic and the coleslaw was just perfection. Even the fries are a cut above most deli's.

Two friends are regulars and rave about the meat so I'll be going back to see if other cuts are better. Service was so warm I'll be bring my family back for sure though.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Boss took me here for lunch as I am in town on business. Said it is one of his favorites and I now know why. I love me some deli sandwiches, slaw, pickles, and just smoked meat of any kind.
The folks behind the counter were a delight and made great suggestions to me be a newbie.
Meat was so tender it melted in my mouth. All the sides were homemade as well and had great flavor that complimented the sandwich.
I want to go back and will before I head home.
Cheers

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 December 2016

The corned beef had very little flavor, and the pickles that came with the meal tasted like no pickle we have ever had. There were 3 of us, and two of us did not get what we ordered. We went here based on reviews on Yelp - next time I will make sure to check here.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

I've eaten here 5 times. First time (3 years ago) me and my friend had Reuben combos to go and we were pleasantly surprised.

Fast forward to last year and the prices have gone up and the sandwiches have shrunk. Combo's are 14$ or 16$ with a drink, the sandwich is so tiny I was finished it in 4 bites.
(were talking 3-4 Oz of meat here at most). I will give them credit for the smoked brisket being very tasty but does that give the owner permission to serve us ration size portions.

His coleslaw was pretty damn good but the whole ordering system gives off a cheap feel. The owner asks you to pick between coleslaw-potato salad or fries.
What happens if if I want fries and coleslaw?? Oh that's another 3.50$!
I got a sliver of a pickle that was more of a disgrace then a kind gesture. For 14.50$ that gets me a kids size sandwich and a spoon of coleslaw I expect a jumbo sour dill. Not a spear.

Saturdays they have 2 for 1 Soups. I went myself and asked for the 2 soups for 6$ and the owner questioned me if I really need 2 soups and that one should be enough and that the deal is for 2 people.

Another time a short man with hair and glasses gave me a hard time about the 2 for 1 Latkes because it was half an hour before closing time. If they don't want to honor their specials then don't display them.
This makes me furious when a restaurant makes you feel like a cheapskate for requesting an advertised special.

At the end of my smoked meat combo, with the 2 bowls of soup (20$) I was still hungry.

Wolfies Deli gives you 8oz for the same price and it's just as good and I don't have to deal with the weird owner of Pancers and their ugly decor.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 3 September 2015

Pick up from them almost every Sunday afternoon in the summer time.. Bring the deli home.. kids love to make big thick tasty sandwiches.. great kishka with gravy!

Date of visit: August 2015