“Tasty eat @ reasonable price”
Review of Bamiyan Kabob

Bamiyan Kabob
Ranked #37 of 504 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We have been to different branches of this Afghan food chain (Halal), and I should admit that it’s far better than my expectations. I strongly recommend to test Choopan Kebab for meat lovers and Tandoori Chiken for those who look for a more spicy taste. They just introduced a salmon fillet grilled which is superb. Also try the Mango smoothie, bet you like it.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I've visited this restaurant several times and always love the food there. Just the right spice for me. Good accompanying rice and salad as well. Reasonably fast service in this "order at the counter" style restaurant.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

One of my co-workers introduced me to this place, and now it is one of my go-to places for a filling lunch or dinner when I don't feel like cooking.

I always get the Koftka Kabob Dinner which comes with 2 kabobs, rice, salad and naan. There is SO much food in this one order, and I always have enough to take home for another meal.

The koftka is SO good, it is well seasoned and only slightly spicy. I highly recommend it, though I have also had their salmon and it is very good as well.

The rice is perfectly seasoned and served in generous portions. The salad is dressed and adds a nice crunch, as well as some veggies to the meal.

The naan is very good, but unfortunately I find it is very hit or miss if they remember to give it to you. More often than not, they have forgotten to include it when we order, or they never give us enough naan for the group of people eating. In the most recent take out order we did at work they did not include enough naan, even though we ordered extra.

The cashiers aren't overly friendly, but the food is made to order and there is plenty of seating if you would like to dine it.

Overall, I do highly recommend Bamiyan. Every time I go with a group, everyone leaves full and satisfied. But I recommend double-checking your order to ensure you have received your naan (if you that is part of your order).

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Food is decent... I had their chicken kebabs with rice. Cooked well and good ambiance for price. It's OK just not my type of food.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Had a meeting near here & was looking for something fast for lunch. You are spoiled for choice with restaurants in this plaza but I didn't have the time for a lengthy sit down. This place looked like the closest thing to fast food. You order at the counter & they call your number when your food is served. I had the chicken tandoori kabob. Lots of lean, well seasoned, chicken breast pieces, came straight off the grill and were plonked down between hearty servings of fresh crisp salad and rice. The side tray held a big flatbread. The food was fresh, flavourful & promptly served. I studied the menu while I waited & I'll be back to try some of the other items. I did suck myself in to ordering the one dessert item, an Afghani milk pudding, while I waited for my order. I thought the $15 price tag steep until I saw the volume of food. The dessert was extra. I'm a big eater but I wound up leaving salad, rice, bread & half the dessert. There was a generous serving of the chicken too, no skimping here. If my better half was with me, this would have been plenty of food for us both. No coffee available but they had a very nice green tea. With hindsight, the more affordable wrap would probably have been a better choice for lunch.
The place is clean & the tables are frequently bussed but the decor is somewhat spartan. It wouldn't be a cozy environment for a lengthy social lunch but it's good food, great portions, & I will be back.