All reviews low budget the main highway room was clean within walking distance tim hortons easy access stayed here for nights cigarettes hwy
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I stayed at this location for one night April 27th, 2018.

I had issues checking in as I had forgotten a piece of ID. I had driven over two hours and was already devastated to find out I had forgotten this ID but then to be treated with zero compassion from both the FD agent as well as the customer service rep that I was trying to sort this out with made for a very unpleasant experience.

I've been in the hotel industry for 17 years and while "policy is policy" one can and should still go about enforcing that policy in a companionate and polite manner.....as "humans are humans" and even the best of us make mistakes and forget stuff at times.

While I love the dog friendliness and cheap rates the Motel 6 offers, I will definitely not be coming back if this is how customers are treated.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Guest, The service experience you describe is not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Room is clean enough to not create concern, and the wifi is pretty decent. If I had to describe the look and feel of the room I'd say it's what you'd expect a cell in a Norwegian prison to look like. (Just googled Norwegian prison cell and it was actually pretty close). My room is boiling hot although the thermostat is down all the way. I also have the window all the way open two feet from my bed and I'm still sweating. Its 2° outside currently... another crumby thing is how bad the cigarette smoke smell is. Its irritatingly bad. Seems to be piping in through the vent in the bathroom. So... if you smoke, or like being super overly warm, maybe you'll love this location. Oh yeah, the highway noise is crazy loud too. Even with the window closed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Harry, Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your guestroom bed comfort. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in carrying on the commitment during your recent stay. We aim to provide a restful night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. The service issues you experienced are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

One of the few hotels in this area to accept dogs. For humans this is a very basic hotel, that is clean and the staff are very nice.

Located next to a number of restaurants and good access to the 401.

They don’t charge extra for your pet either.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2018

For the price we paid, we got what we expected. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. The front desk person was pleasant. We stayed one night. The one main complaint is that as soon as you walk into the building it really, really smells of smoke. We were assigned a room on the third floor, which may have a section that allows smoking? That hallway smelled strongly of smoke as well. The only thing that kept us from running as far away as possible from the motel was that once we walked into the room and closed the door, you couldn't smell the smoke. I am really surprised they allow smoking in any of the rooms.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Nancy N
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Low budget motel, smelled of cigarette smoke in lobby, hallways and our non smoking room, Seemed to be coming in the vents. Good locale, cheap, nice and helpful staff, but choose wisely. Strange whistling noise from wind against windows too was a nuisance when trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Right beside 401, so you know what to expect.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Whitby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Keith, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern and bed comfort issues you describe. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.