All reviews french doors the king size bed would stay here again front desk staff room was clean staying long term comforts of home girls night waffle maker fridge and microwave waffles whitby area last minute booking check in was quick continental breakfast fresh fruit separate room
Reviewed 18 October 2018

This is the most DISGUSTING and DIRTY hotel!!! The GM and Owner refuse to get back to me and they have charged my credit card. I left with my two young daughters as soon as we saw the bedbugs on her pillow. We were there for a hockey tournament and had to drive around in the middle of the night trying to find another hotel to stay at. Shocked this hotel would have the audacity to charge our team $169/night. I made a call to the Choice Hotels Head Office and they do not stand behind their hotels and put it right back on the owner of the hotel. NEVER STAY AT A CHOICE HOTELS LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!

Room tip: There are no good rooms!! They are all dirty and smell like smoke and have BED BUGS!! Disgusting!!
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We checked in for an overnight on our drive back to Montreal. The first room we were given smelled like perfumed ashtray so we requested another room. The second room did not smell like cigarettes but had stained carpets. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They just need to invest in a carpet cleaner and enforce no smoking regulations. The room was 175$ including tax.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAnthonyinmontreal
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The suite itself was very nice. What I seriously object to was being assigned a room in a non-smoking hotel, which had been heavily smoked in. With no exaggeration, it reeked into the fibres of everything. I had to put some ointment under my nose in an attempt to overpower the pillow odour. On arrival in the room, I called the front desk requesting another room but was told none was available. They offered me a $10 discount, I believe.

What irked me was at check out, I informed the clerk that nobody should be put in that room until it had been thoroughly cleaned. The clerk acted surprised, as if she was unaware that the room was in the condition it was in. I found that hard to believe.

Management was willing to sell a paying customer a room that should have been 'closed', yet they'd rather take $ from an unsuspecting client. Shameful.

I gave an overall rating of 3 stars as the property in general was nice. If rating the room and management, 1 star would be one too many.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Swazimac
Reviewed 10 July 2018

My mother and I stayed at this hotel on Saturday, July 7th as my cousin was getting married nearby. The carpets are stained. I wished I'd brought slippers so I didn't have to walk on them at all. There are burn marks in the bathroom counter. The remote had no back so the batteries were scotch-taped to hold them in. The curtain rod on the french doors was broken. The pullout bed was old and beyond uncomfortable. The toilet was running constantly and wouldn't flush. They had no handyman so the lady from the front desk came to check it and try to fix it herself. We had to exit quickly for the wedding so I asked her to let me know if it would be fixed or if we would have to change rooms upon our return. No call or update. We got home from the wedding. She said that it may work but we'd have to be gentle with it. She also thought it would be a good idea to use the restroom adjacent to the lobby. It was a terrible stay.

Room tip: Do not choose this hotel.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Me and my husband wanted to have showers and the shower head wasn't working so I went to front desk Sunday and told them about the shower head they told me it told me it would get looked after Monday morning I said ok so when we got back to the room that evening I checked to see if they fixed the shower head and it didn't get fixed so we had to have showers at out Daughters place the next day, so Wednesday evening we went to front desk and told front desk about the shower head not getting fixed so they put it in the maintenance book to have it looked after on Thursday morning so when we got back to our room That evening our room wasn't even cleaned and the shower head did NOT get fixed so my husband went to front desk and told them that the housekeeper didn't clean our room and the shower didn't get looked after again so they put us into another room. So we weren't to impressed with the poor service having to go to front desk 3 times to have a shower head to get fixed

Date of stay: June 2018