See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Very basic hotel when we called for room you could hardly understand him than when we got there a man was running out of our room with a motorized air freshener we went in and room stunk real bad of perfume .I pulled sheets back in queen bed blood stains on sheets I was so grossed out we went back to office the manager would not give us money back the only thing good about this hotel was nice decor on outside I would not recommend this place

Room tip: Nothing good about this place
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MarianB1151
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Staying in Oshawa/Whitby for a weekend hockey tournament. Quick on-line search revealed this establishment to be close to the Holiday Inn express and I took a chance on it. (Just did not wish to spend +$200/night for the holiday inn in a dodgy part of Oshawa...). The hotel is more than suitable and I have stayed in lots of hotels all over the world for my needs (sleep) and is superb value for what they are charging. Don't expect the amenities or little extras you might find in an upscale hotel (W, Westin or Hilton) but remember that you are:

1. Not in a world class city;
2. Not paying +$300/night;
3. Looking for something basic, clean and comfortable;
4. Paying less than $90/night -- what are you expecting

The motel room is plenty large, the 32" tv is a flat screen with a reasonable cable package. Lots of towel and pillows. The room and washroom was clean and the room was supplied with a mini-fridge and full sized microwave, Parking is simple as you park immediately outside your door...and free.

I found the bed to be unbelievably comfortable...it was great and far superior to a number of hotel/motel beds I have slept in over the years. The decor was tasteful and the was decent furniture and small round table to have dinner should you have a pizza delivered or take-out in the room. My primary (and minor) complaint is that the bulbs in the room lights were of low wattage (undoubtedly a cost saving measure) and this was a minor inconvenience.

There are a number of negative reviews on-line and I think that these are slightly unfair as the writers may be comparing this Inn to a completely different class of hotel. When compared to other low-cost family run business, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Canadiana Inn. For a short stay it is more than enough, in a very convenient location and the management was both polite and helpful,

Worth noting that I booked through expedia only to learn that is was slightly less expensive to book it with the hotel directly. Difference was a couple of dollars, but I assume that the hotel pays something to expedia and these are hard working folks just trying to make a living -- rather give them my money,

If you are not especially fussy and being slightly cost conscious, then do not hesitate to patronage this local motel. I am glad I took a chance, as is my wallet. Saved a couple hundred dollars over the weekend, which more than covers my gas and food all weekend. Win-win for everyone,

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 26 November 2016

We stayed here two nights while attending a hockey tournament....this is a workers motel....clean sheets and bathroom..we were only there to sleep.Have stayed there before for similar function.Rates are great.Wi if worked great.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Basic and simple motel. Arrived quiet late at night and left early at the morning. Good shower facilities, tea&coffee machine, fridge...all good, but needs an upgrade tho, looks like time stopped at the 80's in there.

Room tip: Ask for a family room, its only $20 more buy double the size and 2 double beds and large bathroom
Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Located less than 5 minutes off the 401 in Whitby the Canadiana is a family owned motel that is clean. Outdoor pool is a plus in the summer with outdoor tables to relax at. One floor building with area to sit outside. Friendly staff. Mini fridge and coffee maker and In room wifi makes it an affordable stay with amenities. 10 minutes from the Oshawa Centre as well as restaurants galore. We find it very handy when in town to visit family.

Date of stay: August 2016